I can't believe that it's been a decade since I made this post. I have only recently had further success with this family. The records I've found tie things together nicely.
John Blackmore was born Bet. 1777 - 1781 in Somerset, England, and died Bef. 1851. (I have a death certificate for a John Blackmore died Zion Terrace, Whitehouse Street, Bedminster in 1846. I initially discounted it but now believe it may be correct -- Looking for more corroborating evidence.)
Married Betty Chilcott 1807 in Wiveliscombe, Somerset, England. She was born in 1784 in Wiveliscombe, Somerset, England. Died in Bristol. (This John married Betty Chilcott -- They named a child Fanny Chilcott Blackmore and their son John named one of his children William Edward Chilcott Blackmore.)
Children of John Blackmore and Betty Chilcott are (all in Wiveliscombe, Somerset)
- John Blackmore, born Abt. 1808 (My 3x Great Grandfather)
- Married Hannah Prout and raised family in Bristol.
- Nancy Blackmore, born Abt. 1810
- Did not marry. Left a will that names all her living nephews and nieces. After John and Sally Stevens death, lived at Somerset Terrace, Whitehouse Street, Bedminster.
- Betsy Blackmore, born Abt. 1812
- Have not found any information on Betsy after her baptism.
- Sally Blackmore, born Abt. 1815
- Married John Stevens 1856 in Bedminster, no children, lived in Somerset Terrace, Whitehouse Street, Bedminster. Died in Bristol.
- Mary Ann Blackmore, born Abt. 1817
- Did not marry. Her will lists her siblings.
- James Blackmore, born Abt. 1818
- James died in 1819 in Wiveliscombe, Somerset, England.
- Fanny Chilcott Blackmore, born Abt. 1821
- Married John Pring. They had five children but two died as infants.
- Anna Blackmore, born Abt. 1824
- Anna worked as a maid to the priest of Norton St Philip, Somerset (near bath) she married William Roberts later in life, they had no children. William died two years after their marriage. Anna is mentioned in wills, death certificates, and census records with her siblings families.
- Eliza Blackmore, born Abt. 1826
- Eliza married William Stephens, a pottery painter. William had several children and married Eliza after his first wife died. They had one daughter, Matilda and Matilda married John Boulton. William is noted as having lived at Zion Terrace, Whitehouse Street, Bedminster.
- Jane Blackmore, born Abt. 1829
- Jane Married Felix Stephens and they had eight children. Two of those children married their cousins.
The father's names of Felix Stephens and William Stephens are Felix Stephens on the parish marriage record -- Are they brothers?
Several lived in the area of Whitehouse street -- If their father John Blackmore died in 1846 at Zion Terrace, Whitehouse street, the death certificate narrows down his age which will help to find his birth record.
New website address: http://sites.google.com/site/blackmoresite/