Search for content in message boards

Crums of SC and FL Territory

Crums of SC and FL Territory

Stephen McLeod (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2000 7:42AM GMT
Am looking for anyone with knowledge of the Crum family in Orangeburg Dist., S.C. whose descendants came through Ga. to the Florida Territory in the 1820s and 1830s. am particularly intersted in Richard R. Crum who was in Alachua Co., FL in 1825.

Crums S.C. and Fla.

Noel Day (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 8:45PM GMT
I have Crum's in family tree from this area that I'm reseaching as well. This is what I have:
Descending from Darius Crum c.1850's(is time frame I peg him to) from Orangeburg, father was a German immigrant named Krum.

Darius was a plantation owner in Orangeburg, S.C. He had four sons and two daughters by one of his slaves. At this time, I've only the name of his youngest son, which is Dr. William "Demos"thenes Crum, brn. 1859, who grew up on the plantation. He was put through med. sch. by his older brothers and became a physician. He married Bessie Trotter in Charlestown, where he then resided. He was appointed Customs Collector for the Port of Charlestown by Pres. Theo. Roosevelt in 1902, and was US Minister to Liberia in 1909-1912. I have further knowledge of his descendents.
I also have the name of one of his nephews. His name was John Darius Crum brn.1866 in Charlestown. He also became a physician and a surgeon who had a lagre practice in Jacksonville, Florida. If this helps pls let me know. email is noelday@hotmail.com

correction

Noel Day (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 9:14PM GMT
William Demos Crum married Ellen Craft, Daughter of william and Ellen Craft. Their son Henry Kempton Craft married Bessie Trotter.

Re: Crums of SC and FL Territory

Posted: 22 Nov 2003 4:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crum
Dear Mr. McLeod,

I am descended from some of the Crum's who came from the Orangeburg District and would be pleased to communicate with you. Please drop me a line.

Geoffrey Thompson

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 6:22AM GMT
Dear Mr. Thompson,

I am wondering which Crum you are descended from. Darius was a brother to my Jacob William Crum and I have been researching this family for many years. would like to share information with you.

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 10 Nov 2012 3:09PM GMT
Dear Ms. Hainsworth

My line

David Crum
Henry Herman Crum
David Crum
James Harmon Crum
Harmon Crum
David Lovett Crum
Rhoda Rebecca Crum
Flossie Elon Whitehurst
Hazelle Marguerite Burdette
Father
Myself

Most of the information that I have on ancestors, of South Carolina, was obtained from Deborah Millier.

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 4:16AM GMT
thanks for your reply. I see we part company with the second David Crum.

David had a son John -this our line, and one of his sons Vastine A. Crum fought in the Florida/Indian war about 1840 I think (just found this out and am trying to get papers on his participation. One is always discovering something new.

Many thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions