Children:
Jerusha Morehouse b.1783 m. Lebbeus Curtis
Mary Morehouse m. Joseph Palmer
Charlote Morehouse
Olive Morehouse
Celia Morehouse m. Dick Richards
Ira Morehouse (Twin) b. 1786 m. Elizabeth Weaver
Archibald Morehouse (Twin) b.1786 m. Cynthia Perkins
James Knapp Morehouse b.3 Oct 1789 m.Hannah Carlton d.6 Feb 1867 Johnsburg, Warren Co.,NY
Charles Morehouse
Jerusha Morehouse was my 3rd great grandmother.

Re: Thomas Morehouse Family, NY

Posted: 19 Feb 2005 6:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morehouse, Bowen, Tinkous
my ggrandmother was Harriet Morehouse Bowen. her parents were Hannah Carlton & Knapp Morehouse. I have a picture of her brother, I think, standing by a log house. he has crutches . real old picture. I know she was from Johnsurgh, N.Y.

Posted: 28 Dec 2006 4:18PM GMT
Hi my grandmother was a Morehouse-Johnsburg, New York Her name was Ella Morehouse, married to Jesse J. Waldron. Any information would be appreciated. Also I'm seeking information on Caroline Delaba. Contact me through tennake2@aol.com
or my website
Gloria Waldron Hukle-Author Manhattan Seeds of the Big Apple

Posted: 28 Dec 2006 9:16PM GMT
Surnames: Richards, Liddle, Smith, Nichols, Morehouse, etc. WArren, nY
Gloria:
I have listed Ella Morehouse. She was born 1868. Age 12 in 1880 cnesus.
Daughter of Alonzo Morehouse and Alitia Morehouse.
Sister: Nancy, born 1875.
Do not know who either married.
Alonzo is the son of Ira and Abi Morehouse.
This Ella is the only unidentified Ella that I have.

I have Alonzo as Amasa's brother and he is my Ella Brown-Nichols-Morehouse
and is buried in Johnsburg's Bates Cemetery. My great grandmother.

Hope this helps. When I look up Caroline I will contact you again.
Seems like she married Albert Morehouse, but I will have to look it up.
She is in the Chestertown census.

REgards.
JIM Richards

Posted: 29 Dec 2006 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Richards, Liddle, Smith, Nichols, Morehouse, etc. WArren, nY
Gloria:
I was mistaken about Albert.
iii. GEORGE MOREHOUSE, b. September 02, 1858, Bakers Mills/Johnsburg, NY.; d. June 09, 1901; m. CAROLINE DALABA; b. May 08, 1865; d. August 24, 1941.
GEORGE MOREHOUSE:
Burial: 1901, Bates Cemetery, Johnsburg, Warren Co. NY.
CAROLINE DALABA:
Burial: 1941, Bates Cemetery, Johnsburg, Warren Co. NY.

they were probably cousins.

REgards,
JIMRichards

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: Morehouse, Waldron, Hitchcock, Carlton
Just saw your post. I think we are distant cousins.
My grandmother, Ella Morehouse was born Jan. 23, l894 and died Nov. l942. I have a feeling your Ella is an Aunt? She is buried with my grandfather at the Union Cemetery in North Creek (Jesse James Waldron) They married in l913. My father was William (Chubs) Waldron. My great-grandparents on the Morehouse side were Thomas Madison Morehouse and Mary Jane Hitchcock. Thomas was the son of James Knapp Morehouse and Hannah Carlton. How does this match for you.
Last Fall I did a presentation at the Johnsburgh Library with my novel..Manhattan Seeds of the Big Apple. Wondering if you live in Upstate New York and if you were present that evening. It was a wonderful eve. I met Howdy Waldron, my Dad's first cousin that night and he presented me with some old photos. One is of my father and his high school grad class on top of the Empire State Bldg. in l934.
We've scanned it into the computer and if you would like I'll forward you a copy via email if you email me directly at ghukle@nycap.rr.com
You can also view a few of the photos on my website at www.gloriawaldronhukle.name
Gloria

Posted: 29 Jan 2007 6:11PM GMT
Yes, George and Caroline were my great-grandparents. I'd love to learn more of the Delabas. Wondering if there are still any of them around up in the North Creek area. According to Doris Patton they came from Vermont. Do you know Andrew Zachow?
Best,
Gloria
PS It's fine to email me direct at ghukle@nycap.rr.com

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: richards, morehouse, etc.
Gloria:
I am in Sarasota, FL now. Our home is in Kingston, NY during the summer from May to Nov. The best of both worlds.
I lived in Wevertown growing up. Class of '52 JCS.
My family has lived in Johnsburg Wevertown area since 1790.
My book was also presented at the North Creek Library in 2001. It contains much information about the formation of the town of Johnsburg.
Judge John Richards was the first superintendent for Johnsburg and the subject of my book.
You can find that on my web page. www.richardsstudio.net
I knew Howdy Waldron. Although he would not probably know me, he would know my family.
I have most of the Morehouse families done up to about 1920 or so.
If you would like, I can upload them to you. I have sent them to John Austin and some others, so they are out there.
Waldron is in our line somewhere, but I will have to look it up.
For clarity, My concern is with Ira Morehouse b. 1821 who married Abi.
Amasa Morehouse, b. 1843 married Ella Brown-Nichols.
She then became Ella Morehouse: b. 1857 and died 1888.
Ella Brown NIchols is my great grandmother.
Actually the Morehouse connection has nothing to do with me, genetically.
But, my grandmother had three siblings that were Morehouse. She being a NIchols.
I will get back to you about the Waldron connections.
Regards,
JIM Richards

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 12:02PM GMT
Hello Back, Jim.
Yes, Sarasota and Kingston are truly the best of two worlds.
We have family and several friends who head that way for half the year, two of which are in the Sarasota area.
Andrew Zachow just recently sent me a wonderful photo taken in l904 of my grandmother, Ella Morehouse Waldron, with her 6 sisters and l brother.
Thanks to Howdy Waldron I also have a fascinating class photo ...my father William R. Waldron taken in l934 on top of the Empire State Building. It really is a classic. Also each one of them signed the back of the photo. You may know some or several of these people. Doris Patton, now Town Historican was kind enough to send me a Morehouse/Hitchcock lineage, but sure, if you would like to upload what you have on the Morehouse line I'd be happy to have it.
Please email me direct at ghukle@nycap.rr.com so that we can trade information and I'd like to send the photos.
Also, I'm trying to get the word out to all Waldrons re: the Flushing Remonstrance Celebration the is supposed to come off Dec. 27th in NYC.
I'm wondering if my grandmother was named after your Ella?
Best to you.
Gloria

Posted: 1 Feb 2007 12:50PM GMT
Hi Again,
I attempted to access your website as mentioned but the web insists no site listed. I tried it at .com rather than .net and also seemed strange as I came up with a studio in California?
Ah...the world of the web...
Gloria Waldron Hukle
www.gloriawaldronhukle.name
per page

Find a board about a specific topic