Search for content in message boards

Welker's in Bollinger County

Welker's in Bollinger County

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 12:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 May 2002 12:44AM GMT
To whom it may concern:
In doing my family tree work, I find that the name of "Welker" has came up. The "Welker" that I am related to was Amanda Welker who married Thomas J. Brown. Amanda died in 1926 in Cape Girardeau, Mo and Thomas J. brown died in Cape in 1940. Amanda had 2 brothers George and Leonard Welker that were ministers in Bollinger County. If anybody has any info on their family, please write me.
As far as their birthdates or death dates, I am not sure.
Thank You,
Mr. Lyndel Revelle

Re: Welker's in Bollinger County

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 11:30AM GMT
Amanda E Welker in 1860 is 10 yrs old.Brother -Jacob-18,Brother -George is 13 or 15.father Leonard 49,mother Patience 41,Bollinger Co,Mo. Amanda married Thomas J Brown -daughter Mary would be my ggrandmother.also a Leonard jr in 1880 married to Mahala with 2 daughters and 1 son.

Re: Welker's in Bollinger County

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 1 May 2002 12:44AM GMT
Terri:
Thanks for your reply !!! Amanda had 4 daughters and 4 sons. The daughters were Mary Cutright, Rebecca (Brown) Hager, Anna Killian, and Frances Lutes. The sons are (according to the obituary on Amanda) M.E. Brown, Welker Brown, H.W. Brown, and J. R. Brown.
Rebecca Brown married Lee Hager and they had one son Leonard Hager, and 2 daughters Addie Lee (Hager) Welch,and Eva Lodean (Hager) Revelle. This is according to the newspaper obituary. The obituary also states that 3 daughters and 2 sons preceded her in death. Rebecca died on Jan 18, 1979.
Rebecca's daughter Eva Lodean (Hager) Revelle is my grandmother on my dads side. I was also wondering about what happened to Amanda's brothers George and Leonard Welker ? Are they still living, or when did they pass away ?
I do have the newspaper obituary on Amanda and her husband Thomas J Brown. They are both buried in Cape Girardeau, Mo. in the Fairmount Cemetery (which is by the Notre Dame High School) .
If I can share any of this info wioth you, let me know also send me your address my E-Mail address is as follows:
brevelle@dexter.net and I als have a website on myfamily.com showing my descendants which is called "Revelle Descendants" Any info you might have would be quite helpful.
I am also having a hard time tracing Rebecca Brown's husband Lee Hager. He lived in Jackson, Mo. when he and Rebecca got married in 1898. T.J. Brown had to give consent for Rebecca and lee to marry because Rebecca was under 18 yrs old when she and Lee married in Nov 1898. Lee Hager died in 1918 in Stoddard County from a Flu epedemic that went through the county at that time and no Death Certificate was ever filed. They (according to a family relative), put pine boxes on the porch and then hauled all infected bodies to a remote place and buried them together and nobody knows exactly where that was. THey were living in Brownwood, Mo. at the time of Lee's death. I will close for now and I hope to hear back from you soon.
Thank You very much,
Mr. Lyndel Revelle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic