Search for content in message boards

South Ridge Lutheran Church Cemetery

South Ridge Lutheran Church Cemetery

Posted: 29 Jun 2011 3:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Todd
Can anyone tell me just where South Ridge Lutheran Church Cemetery is located? I think (per findagrave) it's in Wellington twp., but I can not find it listed under any Monroe Co. sites. I have a relative who has a stone there and I need to find out where it is to get his death date on the stone.

Re: South Ridge Lutheran Church Cemetery

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 3:09AM GMT

South Ridge has St. Matthew's Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery in Section 22 of Town of Wellington.

Keyword search on

st. matthew's evangelical

at http://monroecountyhistory.org/indexdata.php

Also, three Todds are listed Dorset Ridge Methodist Cemetery:

Todd, H. Crawford -1901 Dorset Ridge Methodist Wilton
Todd, Mary L. 1867-1951 Dorset Ridge Methodist Wilton
Todd, Wm. E. 1861-1915 Dorset Ridge Methodist Wilton

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 3:46AM GMT
Surnames: Todd
There is a posting at findagrave.com for Betty Todd (1928-1985) at South Ridge Lutheran Chuch Cemetery in Wellington Twp. I haven't heard back from the person who submitted it, and I can't find it anywhere.

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 4:39AM GMT
I looked on google maps and there is a St. Matthews Cemetery off county hwy P, which is actually listed as being in Ontario, WI.

That is the only one that comes up when I enter Wellington Twp., with or without St. Matthews and Lutheran cemetery.

It is kind of strange it comes up as Ontario, when it is north east of there, and south east of Wilton Twp. If you look on the map, nearby roads are: Nordale Ave. and County Z, which turns into County P but then P splits off and goes south.

Sorry, I don't know WI at all, so if you live there you can probably give better directions. There is another cemetery nearby called Calvin Day Cemetery and is SW of the St. Matthews one.

Hope this helps.

Cynthia

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 4:44AM GMT
I just found a cemetery listing that shows that it is the one on Country Trunk P. I said county hwy I think in my other reply. Here is the link:

http://www.usgwarchives.org/wi/monroe/m-cem.htm

Cynthia

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 2:20PM GMT
This is what the person at findagrave said:

It's located in Wellington Township, Monroe County, Wisconsin on CTY HWY P and the closest village is Ontario. A number of years ago there was 2 seperate cemeteries St. Matthews Evangelical Lutheran Church Cemetery and Southridge. I'm not sure when they were combined into just Southridge Cemetery.

There never was a Southridge listed and she isn't listed under St Matthews, so it really threw me.

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 4:31AM GMT
Are you sure it's not actually Dorset Ridge Cemetery? It's actually in Wellington Twp but next to the town of Wilton. It's definately up a hill on a ridge. It's off of Co. Rd. 71, just east of Co. Rd. 131 and west of Locust Ave.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=87...;

Posted: 18 Jun 2014 9:10PM GMT
It is also called St. Matthew's Cemetery. It's located about 6 miles East of Ontario on Cty P on the right hand side.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions