Search for content in message boards

CAMPBELL George Gordon

CAMPBELL George Gordon

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 2:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Campbell
Can anyone find the death certificate details of George Gordon Campbell ,Born in Natal South Africa in 1880, of Scottish parents, George and Helen Campbell?
Thanks

Re: CAMPBELL George Gordon

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: CAMPBELL
Hi,Searched the Provincial Archive of BC - Vital Events Index:
There is only one
George Gordon CAMPBELL Marriage
The above George Gordon CAMPBELL was born in Leeds England
The parents were James and Helen CAMPBELL

The film for the Registration of Death for
George Gordon Campbell Age:69 Event:Death
Place Vancouver; Date:1950 5 26 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number: 1950-09-005572
Microfilm #:B13204 (GSU # 2032632)

I was at the library - late in the day -The film was not in the shelf - or in the return box - there were no other persons in the area using the readers. People are allowed to take the films to other areas of the library if these readers were in use - The film will be back in place the next day.

**Judy if you see this message - I checked the Marriage of George Gordon Campbell to Gladys Mary GREYALL - this is not the same person.

Cheers, Stella

Posted: 15 Oct 2010 10:49PM GMT
Thanks Stella, I will be going to the Archives on Monday and check out the death.

Judy

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 9:54PM GMT
George Gordon Campbell born Leeds, England 30 Dec 1880 died 26 May 1950. His residence was Manson's Landing on Cortez Island. He was a widower of Gladys ?? and had been employed for 7 years as a Distillery shipper. He was buried in the Fraser Cemetery. There was no obituary in the Vancouver paper. His parents on his marriage were James and Helen Campbell. His wife was Gladys Mary Greyell b 19 Jan 1893 Enderby, BC and died 9 Jan 1940 New Westminster. She was the daughter of Henry John Greyell and Ellen/Helen Long. They were married in the Kamloops District 26 Jun 1912.

Judy

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 7:04AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Campbell. Gibson.
The Campbell referred to has the same name as the ancestor I am searching, however my man was definitely born in Natal, South Africa in 1880. Father was George Campbell, mother Helen Morrison Gibson.He emigrated from Scotland in 1911/12 ,a passenger on the 'Sicilian'. he was heading for Verden, Manatoba, Thanks

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 8:56PM GMT
Hi. Gladys Mary Greyell was my great great aunt - my grandfather's paternal aunt. She passed away before I was born. His father was, Henry John Greyell, from Enderby (later Kamloops), and he too was born in the 1890s. Today I found two photos, one dated around 1860, from Kincardine, Ontario. They are most likely Henry's father (Edward) and grandfather (Emmanuel). Here are the links:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34370769@N07/4956167078/in/set-... (for Emmanuel)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34370769@N07/6063363630/ (for Edward)

Ian

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 2:14AM GMT
http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/images/getimag...

This is the death record for George. I live in New West, I could check for a obit for him and his wife and maybe take a picture of his grave-marker
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions