Search for content in message boards

Margaret (nee Jardine) (MacLeod) Montgomery

Margaret (nee Jardine) (MacLeod) Montgomery

Posted: 1 Aug 2005 7:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Aug 2005 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: MacLeod, Montgomery
I was wondering if some kind soul could check the obituaries in Campbellton and Dalhousie around 27 Dec 1914 for Margaret's obituary. She was married first to James MacLeod and second to Major Montgomery.

Thanks
John

Re: Margaret (nee Jardine) (MacLeod) Montgomery

Scott (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2006 5:10AM GMT
Surnames: Jardine
I saw your post. In the event you haven't found what you are looking for yet, I have a copy of "Jardines of Atlantic Canada" which says Margaret died Oct. 30, 1914 in Sillarsville Quebec and is buried in Matapedia Cemetery in Que.

If you are a decendent, perhaps you know of Margaret's middle name? I am trying to establish Margaret's father's family tree. I think her middle name may be Crow or perhaps Cronn? I think this is the maiden name of Margaret's grandmother on her father's side. Any thoughts?

John Garner (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2006 1:09PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2006 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: Crow, Jardine, MacLeod, Montgomery
Her middle name is Crow.

You'll find her death certificate on NBPA and she actually died in Dalhousie.

Posted: 3 May 2009 4:49PM GMT
Obituary

Mrs. M. Montgomery

At Sellarville, on Friday evening, Oct. 30th, there passed to her eternal reward, Mrs. Major Montgomery in her 77th year. The deceased lady was born in Campbellton, and was a daughter of the late Robert Jardine. She had been twice married. Her first husband was Jas. McLeod. She leaves five of a family, Mrs. Fraser of Keewatin, Ont., Jas. McLeod of Sellarville, Thomas Montgomery of Flatlands, Mrs. Sweet of Winnipeg, Manitoba and Annie Montgomery at home. Her eldest son John McLeod, had predeceased about three years. The funeral service were conducted by Rev. W.G.Firth and Rev. J.M. Sutherland. "What a Friend, we have in Jesus" was one of the hymns sung, it being a favorite hymn of the deceased. The pall-bearers were John Bain, John McDavid, Richard Firth, Hugh Sillars, Alex McDougald and Wm. Adams. Interment took place in Matapedia cemetery, to which the remains were conveyed by a large number of friends and acquaintances.

Posted: 3 May 2009 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: MacLeod; MacNaughton; McCallum
Thanks Sheila. Got a friend in Campbellton to dig it up for me some time ago.

I am curious why you'd have it. Have you been looking into the MacNaughton/McCallum married to Margaret's first husband's first cousin Nathaniel? I'd love to get that branch straightened out.

John

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 3:58AM GMT
Hey there, My name is Tyler in Winnipeg and I am a great-great-great grandson of Major and Margaret Montgomery. If anyone has collected any other information about them (photos?) I'd absolutely love to hear from you! Email me anytime tjr82@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions