Search for content in message boards

Bowles-Tinsley

Bowles-Tinsley

Linda Dell McPike Burner (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bowles, Tinsley
Seek proof of Valentine Bowles and Deborah Tinsley of Hanover Co VA. Marriage record, proof of sons William & Thomas and other children. Dates of birth & death also wanted. I am a descendent of William Bowles of Hanover Co VA.

Bowles-Tinsley

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 5:21PM GMT
Surnames: Bowles, Tinsley
Bowles-Tinsey marriage of Hanover Co VA produced at least two sons, Thomas and William. Thomas married Sarah Holman and William married Elizabeth Napier. I have more information to share.

Bowles - Tinsley

Posted: 24 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2002 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: Bowles
For Hanover County I have where there son Thomas was married to Sarah Holman Around 1780 and there childrens names but do not have anything else

Bowles-Tinsley

Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jul 2001 5:21PM GMT
In Hanover County VA, the Bowles brothers, William and Thomas are listed in tax and other records as "sons of Deborah".
Benjamin BowlesII makes no sense to me as their father, because his wife is not named "Deborah".
Somewhere there must be proof that Valentine Bowles and Deborah Tinsley are parents of William and Thomas Bowles of Hanover Co VA.

Bowles - Weber

Brenda Williams (View posts)
Posted: 10 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bowles
I have Thomas Bowles married to Sarah Holman and William Bowles married to Elizabeth Napier of Hanover Co., VA. But I have parents listed as Benjamin II and Mary Elizabeth Weber married Jun 20, 1744 in Goochland, VA. daughter of Phillip Weber and Anne Thompson. Sorry, I have no Tinsey listed, although my info. is not completed.

Thomas Bowles

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Bowles, Pate, Williamson
Regarding What are the dates involued?

I'm a descendent of Thomas Bowles through his daughter Maria W. Bowles (who married John Pate). This comes from the 1836 Will of John Williamson of Henrico County, VA. In this Will, John Williamson refers to Thomas Bowles as the widower of his [Williamson's] daughter Rebecca Williamson. He also mentions Thomas and Rebecca's children: John Williamson Bowles, Maria P. - wife of John Pate, Betsey - wife of William Davis of Orange Co, VA, Lyddall Boyles - a minor, and Maria Ann Bowles - a minor.

Additionally, there is a record of a marriage bond being issued for this marriage between Thomas Bowles of Hanover County to Rebecca Williamson, daughter of John Williamson, on 21 Sept. 1803 (from "Marriage Bonds of Henrico County, VA 1782-1853", by Michael E. Pollock, Geneal. Pub. Co., Baltimore, 1984)

Maria W. Bowles, wife of John Pate, was born about 1806 (1850 and 1860 census) and died in 1866 (probate records). The Pate's owned a "plantation" immediately south-west of Old Church in Hanover County, VA. John Pate died circa 1848.

Is this the same Thomas Bowles you refer to as William's brother and as a son of Deborah? Or do you know how they might oterwise be related?

Re: Bowles - Weber

Posted: 4 Nov 2001 9:48PM GMT
I have in my file a Thomas Bowles, his wife and their children, one of their children was a direct decendent of my husband, but have never been able to find his parents name. Thomas served in the Rev. war.The Thomas i have was born Feb. 9,1761 and died Decccc.7,1839. Does this help you? If you any information about his parents would greatly appreciate it. Thank You

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 8:42PM GMT
My husbands ancester was Thomas Bowles of Va. and from what I can gather Thomas' father was Valentine Bowles and his mother was Deborah Tinsley. He married Sarah Holman in 1782 in St James Parish,Goochland, Va. They had eight children, one of which was my husbands ancester, Joseph Farar born in 1802. Does this help, because there was more than one Thomas Bowles at that time.

Posted: 23 Nov 2009 10:24PM GMT
Hello, I'm looking for a Thomas or perhaps a Benjamin Bowles, father of Mary Bowles (b. 1753 probably Hanover). She married John Winn 1773. If anyone can tell me who Mary's father/mother is that would be great. Thanks, Brenda Brown
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions