Search for content in message boards

North Carolina Radford Family

North Carolina Radford Family

Posted: 4 Aug 2001 6:59PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2002 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: howell, radford, spivey, baker, stuckey, edwards, davis,
I am researching my husband's Radford/Howell lines.

List goes daughter/son to father
1. Mary Eliza Radford b. 1884 m. Lee Roy Howell (children: Callie, Doran, Martha, Leora, James LeRoy, Dorothy)
2. Mathew Gray Howell b. 1851 m. Callie Anna Hales (children: Sam, Mary Eliza, Baby boy, Stephen Luther)
3. Levi Gray Radford b. 1791 m. Annie Edwards (Bettie, Johy Tyler, William Tyler, Mathew Gray, Martha Caroline, Mary Ann (died as a baby), Eliza Jane, Mary Ann, Sally Ann, Charlie Mack (adopted), Levi Jr.)
4. Mathew Gray Radford b. 1781 m. Elizabeth Lancaster (children: Joh, Micheal, Lemuel, William R (or K), Penelope, Levi Gray)
5. John Radford b. 1760 m. Mary Ferrell (children: Mathew Gray, Rebecca, William, Clarey M.)
6. William Radford b.1728 m. Rachel (children: John, Noah, Miles, Best, Absalam, Anne, and 5 other nameless females)
6. Robert Radford (just got this information recently) m. Suzanna (children: William)

Thanks to anyone who can fill in some of my empty blanks on spouses and children and to those whom they married.

Debbie txhowell@hotmail.com

Re: North Carolina Radford Family

Posted: 15 Oct 2001 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Nov 2006 2:01PM GMT
I am related to Radford Withers, his family came from NC and he taught school in TN married there and raise his family. I can not find his family in NC, I was hoping to find his connection to the Radford family, since this is an unusal first name, maybe one of the daughters in the Radford family married into the Withers family from NC and her maiden name was carried on in this fashion. The Withers family is my brick wall, I can not connect it to the rest of the Withers.
If you have any leads that might work out please E-mail me. Radford's father was suppose to be Edward and his father Robert, but there are no names for the mothers, help, thanks.
Sharon

Posted: 16 Oct 2001 2:31AM GMT
Surnames: Howell, Radford, Hales, Spivey, Edwards, Lancaster and others
I don't know of anyone by the Withers surname in my genealogical research. i have a similar instance. We have an Exum Howell. There was a family of Exum's in the area that this Howell family lived. So i am sure that when they named their son--they used the name of Exum for him. Good luck on your research. Debbie

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 12:01AM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: RADFORD, HARRIS, GRIFFIN, STONE, STANTON, ROBERSON
My great-grandfather George Washington Radford B. Abt 1810, family was found in Franklin County, NC. My grandfather "Tony" Radford was born in Franklin County, NC B.June 1842 and married Caroline Harris B. Feb.1855 from Warren County and they raised their family in Nash County, NC. I have many Radfords and decendants from these families in NC and those who have spread out to other states. Would love to hear from anyone interested in my Radfords.

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 5:52PM GMT
Surnames: Howell, Radford, Spivey, Stancil, Davis, Baker
Joyce: This is the George Washington Radford information that I have. I got this information out of the Johnston County Heritage Book. I would be interested to see if any of our lines cross. Debbie

First Generation

1. George Washington RADFORD was born on 15 Jul 1885 in Princeton, Green, Johnston, North Carolina. He died on 21 May 1948 in Smithfield, Johnston, North Carolina.

George married Easter Macrady LEE, daughter of Asa Bryant LEE and Mary Jane DAUGHTERY, on 7 Jan 1912 in Johnston County, North Carolina. Easter was born on 15 Aug 1896 in Boonhill, Princeton, Johnston, North Carolina. She died on 19 May 1959 in Smithfield, Johnston, North Carolina.

They had the following children:

+ 2 M i. Junious Clifton RADFORD was born on 29 Jun 1914.

3 M ii. James Melvin RADFORD was born on 8 Oct 1912 in Boon Hill, Johnston, North Carolina. He died on 27 Sep 1996 in Guilford County, North Carolina.
James married Mureil Gladys KORNEGAY in 1940 in <Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina>. Mureil was born on 11 Jul 1919 in Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina. She died on 25 Sep 1996 in Guilford County, North Carolina.

+ 4 M iii. Acey William RADFORD was born on 26 Jul 1916 and died on 21 Aug 1990.

5 M iv. Walter Chester RADFORD was born on 23 May 1918 in Boon Hill, Johnston, North Carolina.
Walter married Osell EVANS, daughter of Clyde EVANS and Lillie Mae BRAMWELL, on 21 Sep 1940 in Dillon, North Carolina. Osell was born on 16 Mar 1922 in <Dillon, North Carolina>.

6 M v. Samuel Levy RADFORD was born on 15 Jan 1923 in Boon Hill, Johnston, North Carolina. He died on 8 Mar 1955.
Samuel married Allene BARBOUR in 1945 in <Boon Hill, Johnston, North Carolina>. Allene was born on 21 Oct 1924 in of Boon Hill, Johnston, North Carolina. She died on 24 Jan 1983 in Selma, Johnston, North Carolina.

+ 7 M vi. George David RADFORD was born on 30 Jan 1923 and died on 30 Apr 1958.

8 F vii. Annie Lee RADFORD was born on 3 Jan 1927 in Of Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina.
Annie married Mr. KELLY in 1946 in <Of Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina>. Mr. was born in 1921 in <Of Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina>.

9 F viii. Gladys Mae RADFORD was born on 29 Dec 1931 in Of Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina.
Gladys married Joe HARBOUR in 1948 in <Of Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina>. Joe was born in 1923 in <Of Boonhill, Johnston, North Carolina>.

Posted: 17 Feb 2002 2:58PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 11:54PM GMT
Thanks for your response Debbie. My George Washington Radford could possibly be a relative since similar names run in the family. My George Washington Radford B. abt 1810 in NC. He died aft 1860. That is the extent of the info that I have on him except that he married Sally Inscoe before 1841. They raised their family in Franklin County, NC, which is really not far from todays Johnson County, NC. Their children were: William Sylvester B. 1842, Lucy B. abt 1841, Wesley July 12 1842, John B. abt 1855, Mary B. abt 1852, and Martha b. abt 1858.

My grandfather was William Sylvester "Tony"Radford and married Caroline Frances Harris Radford from Warren County, NC. Their family was raised in Nash County, NC. their children were Lottie Belle, Wade, Benjamin Thomas B. 12/26/1872, Martin Thomas b. 1/18/1884, John Elbert b. 1889, Nannie Elizabeth (my mother) b. 10/4/1891, Linnie Ann Ethel B. 9/4/1894, Bernard B.abt 1895 and died 10/25/1918 in France in WW1.

In the Wesley Radford family, Wesley b. 7/12/1842 in Woods , NC. d. 10/7/1920. Franklin Co., NC. Married Cleopatra Evans. Their children were: William Arch b. 2/12/1871, James Hilliard b. 1872, Elmer Ray b. aft 1/15/1914, CharlieYoung M., Osborne Riley M. B. 6/25/1888, and Rufus Robert Radford b. 4/18/1890.

Hope this can be a help for you. Keep me posted as how you are doing and be sure to let me know if you find we are related. If I find any connections I will let you know. Thanks again, Joyce.

Mike Radford (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2002 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Radford Disher Robertson
My Family is from Franklin Co., NC as well, would love to see how our families are connected.

Posted: 19 Jan 2004 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Radford/Hamby
Looking for information on my great-great-grandmother, Darthulia Mae Radford. Darthulia was born on 10-7-1882. They had seven children including my great-grandmother. Can anyone help?

She married Hezekiah Thurman Hamby. They were located in the Cherokee County - Wilkes County area of North Carolina.

Joyce G. Roberson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2004 3:31AM GMT
Surnames: Radford, Dorsey, Harris, Riggan, Inscoe and more
Sorry, my Radfords are: John Radford and Nancy Dorsey married around Jan. 1, 1810 and family found in Franklin County, NC. Son George Washington Radford married Sally Insco 1837 raised family in Franklin County, NC. Son, William S. "Tony" Radford married Caroline Harris after 1870 and raised their family in Nash County, NC. Would be nice if I could have helped.

Looking for information on my great-great-grandmother, Darthulia Mae Radford. Darthulia was born on 10-7-1882. They had seven children including my great-grandmother. Can anyone help?

She married Hezekiah Thurman Hamby. They were located in the Cherokee County - Wilkes County area of North Carolina.

om Franklin County. I have several connections with Radford cousins in Franklin County. Hope to be a (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2004 3:51AM GMT
Surnames: Radford, Dossey, Inscoe, Harris, Riggan and more
Hi Mike. I realize this is an old post. In 2002 we lost my son with cancer. I do not remember if I replied to your post or not. Is it too late for us to exchange Radford information? My earliest Radfords are from Franklin County. Anxious to hear from you. Joyce.

Author: Mike Radford Date: 22 Apr 2002 5:01 AM GMT
Surnames: Radford Disher Robertson
In Reply to: Re: North Carolina Radford Family by: Joyce Roberson

My Family is from Franklin Co., NC as well, would love to see how our families are connected.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions