Edited: 9 Oct 2003 5:05AM GMT
MY FAMILY LINE, ANYONE CONNECTED PLS CONTACT ME

Re: DIRCK STORM

Posted: 26 Aug 2003 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Oct 2003 5:05AM GMT
Surnames: VanTassel, VanTassell, Storm, Van Montfoort, Monfoort
Hi James,
I am connected at Jacob VanTassel B: 1676 Midwont, NY and Alida or Aeltje Storm B: 1680 Brooklyn, NY. She was the daughter of Dirck Goris or Gorisz and Maria Pieterse Van Montfoort Storm. They are my 6th or 7th great grandparents.

JAMES STORMS (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2003 11:03PM GMT
BILL VAN TASSELL, YES YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT DIRCK. I'M OFF 5TH GEN OF DIRCK 'S SON STAATS. HIS 6TH CHILD JACOB STARTS THERE ON MY SIDE OF TREE. I AM FAMILIIAR WITH THE VAN TASSEL FAMILIES. WILL LIKE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU.

Kenneth McCullough (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 4:46AM GMT
I'm a grandson of George Stuyvesant Storms, great grandson of George S. Storm. I have a copy of "Old Dirck's Book", but would like to make a connection to that family from the Geo. Stuyvesant Storm or Storms family.

From everything that I have heard through family discussions, I am related to Peter Stuyvesant, as well as "Old Dirck" Storm.

Is there any information you could possibly provide that would help to provide links between the Storm and Stuyvesant families?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kenneth G. McCullough,
son of Lillian Frances Storms (McCullough)
grandson of George Stuyvesant Storms
son of George S Storm

JAMES STORMS (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 6:23PM GMT
author,JIM STORMS. TO KENNETH McCULLOUGH. DID YOU SEE ANY CONNENCTION IN ''OLD DIRCK'S BOOK''?. REGARDING STUYVESANT SURNAME. I'M GOING TO RESEARCH THIS. HERE IS MY EMAIL jmstorms@comcast.net send me your e-mail in case i come up with something.

Kenneth G. McCullough (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2004 7:58PM GMT
Surnames: Storm, Storms, Stuyvesant
Thanks, Jim,
I have e-mailed you separately, but will post here, as well.
The only reference to any Stuyvesant names in Old Dirck's Book was on a map of Niew Amsterdam on page 46 , delineated by Raymond William Storm in 1942. It shows the location of Dirck's Tavern, and shows Balthazar and Nicholas Stuyvesant properties across De Heere Street.

My grandfather, George Stuyvesant Storms, was born in 1895, and died in the late 1970s in West Islip, Long Island. He was at one time the mayor of Rockville Center, NY.

His father, George S. Storm, was born in 1876, and died in Greenwich, Connecticut in 1968.

Any information you can provide, or a direction you can point me in, would be greatly appreciated.

Kenneth McCullough (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2004 1:02AM GMT
Hi, Jim - I just came across another storm name. My mother's (Lillian Frances Storm) great grandfather was Thomas Smith Storm. We just found a photo of him taken in 1861, at the age of 16, in his Union Army uniform. I cannot find that name in Dirck's Book. Is that a name you have come across in any of your searches? Ken McCullough

Christine Baker (STORM) (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2006 9:20PM GMT
Surnames: STORM-GAMBLE-CARRELL-BILBY-VAN TASSELL-MERCER
I'm also a decendent of this same line and am looking for any information and pictures on any line of the family that will put more meaning to my file and fill in a lot of missing gaps i have found and would like to fill. Can be reached at chrisb92051@yahoo.com
Christine Baker

Posted: 21 Aug 2010 10:19PM GMT
Hi Bill

I am also working on the family history so many branches so i am working to colect as much as posable trying to make sure i have all of the VanTassel line that is avlable and would love to know what you have i have gotten some that was on line but am always looking for new info you can reach me at chriss92051@yahoo.com woulld love to hear from you

Christine

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 10:15PM GMT
Surnames: Storm
Hi, I'm not a Storm descendant, but wanted to let you know that there's a 1770 Dirck Storm house for sale in Pleasant Valley, Dutchess co., NY. The real estate site is:
http://houlihanlawrence.com/ Web # PJ549629 There was an open house today (9/12/10).

Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions