Search for content in message boards

grand parents brothers and sisters

grand parents brothers and sisters

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2006 7:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Apr 2006 2:31PM GMT
Surnames: legud, legut, migacz
I have two spellings of my grandfathers last name in the 1920 census in America they spell his last name Legud 1930 census it is spelled Legut
John J Legut Born December 24 1885 born Zawoja Malapolska province his mothers name is Rosalia Migacz and fathers name Jozef Legut. my grandfather came to America in 1896 he was a store keeper sold groceries . I am trying to find out his history if he had brothers and sisters. I have hit a brick wall and dont know where else to look

Re: grand parents brothers and sisters

Jurek (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2006 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2006 1:48PM GMT
No listings for these names in the phone book for this town.
Church address for this Parish.
Church name. Saint Clemente.
Address. Zawoja 123,Zawoja Centrum,PL, 34-222. Poland
Phone 0338775014.
Parish Web Site.
http://zawoja.pl/parafia/
Regards
Jurek

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2006 4:33PM GMT
Edited: 17 Apr 2006 1:49PM GMT
Surnames: legut, migacz
thank you for your reply the only information I have on my grandfather is a registration of matrimony birth zawoja po zawaoja Diocesis Krakow. Joanne Legut born December 24 1885. lists his parents as Joseph Legut and mother Rosalia Migacz. it says he came to united states in 1896. I am at a stand still finding anything about my grandfather and his parents or broths and sisters.

Posted: 17 Apr 2006 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 11:49PM GMT
Have you tried writing to the Catholic or civil archives in Poland for records? Since you have the name of your grandfather's parents and where they lived, you could most likely obtain birth/baptismal records for all children born to them. That would certainly answer your question.

It doesn't seem as if the LDS have microfilmed any records from this area of Poland, so your best bet is to write to one of the archives.

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 2006 7:25PM GMT
thank you very much for information. Could you furnish the address of where I am to write about the information.

Church & Archdiocese

DK (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 12:10PM GMT
Jurek gave you the name and address of the old church in Zawoja:

sw Klemensa w Zawoi-Centrum
Zawoja 123
34-222 Zawoja
POLAND

This church has records that go back to 1825. The Archives do not show it has the records of this church.

The Archdiocese for this church is in Krakow and you can find the correct name and address by going to www.zawoja.pl/parafia/ and click on linki and then click on Archidiecezja Krakowska for the full name and address.

When you write, do so in Polish. There are many Polish Letter Writing Guides on line. Try to keep your letter to one page and you must show the names of your ancestors they were given in Poland, such as Jan not John.

Having the names of the parents will help.

The web site of the church also gives you the name of the priests, etc. (click on kontact).

Re: Church & Archdiocese

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 12:45PM GMT
thank you very much for the information I will see if I can get the information that way.

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2006 8:38PM GMT
I couldnt find the address I want to send the information to.
I dont read polish so dont know where to send it, your help would be appreciated with this.

DK (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 2:07AM GMT
Your have the name and address of the church, where I would suggest you begin....with a letter written in Polish. I, also do not read, write or speak Polish and that is why I suggest you use the Polish Letter Writing Guide which is on line. Haven't tested it lately, but I think you need only go to www.google.com and type Polish Letter Writing Guide and it will bring up several sites.

If you do not get a response or cooperation from the church, then write to the Archives of the Roman Catholic Church:

Archiwum Kuria Metropolitalnej w Krakowie
ul. Franciszkanska 3
31-004 Krakow
Polsak (POLAND)

Jeanne (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2006 12:13PM GMT
thank you for the information
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions