Search for content in message boards

Hubbard B. TAYLOR b. 03 May 1811

Hubbard B. TAYLOR b. 03 May 1811

pb (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: LANE, TAYLOR
Hubbard B. TAYLOR was born in Carolina County, Va., May 3, 1811, and is a son of Reuben T. and Mary (Thornton) Taylor, natives of the same county in Virginia. Hubbard B. TAYLOR emigrated to Kentucky with his parents in 1818, who settled in Fayette County, where Hubbard B. Taylor was magistrate for seven years. In 1847 he moved to Clark County, Ky., and purchased the old Taylor Farm, "Spring Hill," which was settled by his uncle, Hubbard TAYLOR, Sr., in 1790. Hubbard Taylor has always been engaged in agricultural pursuits, and May 4, 1842, he was united in marriage with Miss Alice T. LANE, a daughter of William N. and Mildred (Taylor) Lane. Of the seven children born to this union, four are living, viz: Mary T., who married Samuel C. Jackson, deceased, and had four children, three of whom are now living, viz: Taylor L., Mary Elizabeth and French Guy; Newton T., Alice H., and Clara M. Mrs. Alice T. Taylor died in October 1885, a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church, of which church Mr. Taylor is also a member. He is the owner of 300 acres of fine blue grass land, and is a Democrat in politics.
Source: Kentucky: A History of the State, W.H. Perrin et al, 1888.

LANE

Robert Newton Martin (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 6:54PM GMT
Surnames: Lane, Newton, Pickett, Webb, Miller, Woodford, Carter
William N.Lane was son of Joseph Lane and Mary Newton
of Westmoreland Co.VA. He, came to Clark Co.Ky. with
mother, Mary (Newton) Lane, who m.(2) John Pickett;
and his sisters, Martha C.Lane who m. George Webb,
Mary Fairfax Lane m.(1) William Miller,(2) Woodford,
Sarha Newton Lane who m. Job Carter and had issue:
(1) Mary Fairfax Carter who m. John Martin (Capt.Jack)
of Thomson Station Rd.
(2) Issac Newton Carter.

Hubbard TAYLOR

Sundea Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: TAYLOR
I need to find all of the information I can about Hubbard Taylor of Clark Co., KY. Please email sundea2@aol.com if you have any additional info. Thanks.

Re: LANE

Posted: 28 Feb 2002 7:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Lane, Philbert
I am researching the Lane and Philbert families of Clark Co,KY.Wm died in Clark Co in 1814.

I am interested in Wm Lane and his wife Patience Lane and their children who are: Joel, James, John, Mordecai, Polly , Benjamin ( wife's name is Susannah) , William and Hannah. Nancy married Luke Philbert ( son of Wharton B. Philbert) in Clk Co in June 1815. Hannah married Wm Poor. Mordecai married Polly Martin ( who may have been related to Joseph Martin)

Nancy Lane Philbert moved to IN abt 1825 with Luke. Joel Lane is also found in IN in 1830.

I would like to exchange information with anyone who has a connection to any of the above names.

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Lane, Miller
I am interested in the Mary Lane / William Miller connection. From William's will, it seems that Mary may have been married before William and had a son. What record do you have of a marriage to a Woodford? Do you have any documentation on their children? Thanks...
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2006 12:53PM GMT
I am a descendant of William Poer and Hannah Lane.

Judy

Sandra Necco (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2003 4:10PM GMT
Edited: 28 Dec 2005 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Lane, Poor,
Judy,

I received your response that you are a descendent of Wm Poor and Hanna Lane. I am descended from Nancy Lane, sister of Hanna. I have a great deal of information about the Lane family but myself and several fellow researchers are looking for more information about both the Lane and the Poor line. Please, please, e mail me at SNecco@msn.com . We are willing to share information. Which of wm and Hannah's children are you descended from? We have one researcher who is desended from their son Wm. Thanks for responding , Sandra Necco
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 9:15PM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2006 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Lane, Motsinger
I recently came across data that leads me to think I am a descendant of Joel Lane of Clark County Kentucky and Washington County, Indiana through his daughter, Chloe (Lane) Motsinger. I would like to exchange information if you are interested. Thanks.

Sandra Necco (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2005 10:41PM GMT
I would very much like to share information with you. That would include why you think that Joel Lane is the father of Chloe. I do not have the names of any of Joel's children. By 1850 all were out of the home. I do have considerable info on many of the other family members. You can reach me directly at SNecco@msn.com

Posted: 28 Dec 2005 9:47PM GMT
Edited: 31 Dec 2005 1:26PM GMT
I am researching the William POER and Hannah LANE line. I need the maiden name for Patience LANE. I would be glad to share information with you.

Judy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions