Search for content in message boards

Henry FERGUSON [b] abt 1760 Virginia

Henry FERGUSON [b] abt 1760 Virginia

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 23 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FERGUSON, NORTH, RANKIN, SOWDER, HALEY, HUTCHINSON, READNOUR, HUTCHCRAFT, TARLETON, KENDALL, GOUGE, ASHBROOK, ALSOP, HASELAU, SCHMIDT

I'am looking for any information on this family. Henry FERGUSON [b] abt 1760 Virginia [d] abt 1825 Ky.
wife : Martha Ann children : Jane , Elizabeth , John [b] 1 Jan 1789 Tenn. [d] 1 Apr 1877 Ky . [m] 23 Nov 1818 Grant Co,Ky to Margaret ASHBROOK . James , Thomas, Agnes, Henry, Samuel , William, Sarah . Henry might have been also [m] to Sarah and had these children. Maragret , Hugh , Isabella . This family may have lived in and around Grant , Pendleton , Harrison, Scott , Boone, Kenton Co's Ky. Thank you for any help you can give me on this family.
Karen

Ferguson ancestory

Bonnie J. Cassell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Ferguson
I have a ggrandfather, Henry Ferguson, married to Elizabeth Mallough. Both died in Kirk, Colorado. My grandmother and one of their daughters was Sarah Ann m. Clarence Ervin Stallard. I don't have anything past Henry Ferguson but you mentioned a Henry as a child of Henry. My grandmother was born in Phillipsburg, Kansas.

Sincerely,
Bonnie J. Cassell

Re: Ferguson ancestory

Posted: 19 Jan 2003 3:17PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2003 3:23PM GMT
Surnames: FERGUSON, FIELDS, STALLARD
Josh FIELDS just told me of a book by Chris STALLARD titled, "The FERGUSON Connection". Have you heard of it or the author? Josh FIELDS ancestor Calvin Trigg FIELDS b 1823 d 1900 married Lucinda FERGUSON b 1823-1824 and they had abt 12 children in Russell co, Virginia. Can you help me? I am: Mary K. Ward, 1432 Yeardley Drive, Richmond, Virginia 23225; ph 804-232-9338. Thanks.

Re: Ferguson ancestory

Posted: 22 Jan 2003 5:49PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2003 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Stallard, Fields, Ferguson
Dear Mary,
I can't find a connection to Lucinda Ferguson or Chris Stallard. Part of my problem is I lose the Stallards prior to their arrival in the US and the Fergusons came from Ireland, to Canada to the US. My ggrandfather was born in Kansas. From the family story, 4 Stallard brothers came from England so your ancestor may be one of those brothers ,in which case, there would be a connection. However, I don't know the brothers names other than my ancestor Luke Stallard.

Our Stallard line is dying out, literally. My Uncle who is 80 is still living and he has a half nephew who is in his 60's and they are the last male Stallards. Neither one produced a male heir.

Sorry I was of no help.

Thanks for writing.

Bonnie

Re: Henry FERGUSON [b] abt 1760 Virginia

Posted: 14 Dec 2003 1:55AM GMT
Henry was defintely married to Sarah per his will dated 1826 in Grant Co. and you are correct on the names of the children. I descend through his daughter Elizabeth and James Wallace.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions