Search for content in message boards

lCaroline County history lookup offer

lCaroline County history lookup offer

Elaine Russell29 (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 2006 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have in my possession a copy of the History of Caroline County by Wingfield from which I will do lookups upon request.
This history contains the most prominent families living in Caroline Co Va from 1727 to 1924.
It also has information on Baptist, Episcopal, Catholic, Presbyterian and Methodist Churches. Some early marriages, High school graduates,Military info, such as Militia,Soldiers of the Revolution, WW1 soldiers,Sheriff's, Judges,Old Estates and villages.
Old homes such as The old Mansion, Gay Mont, Santee, The Neck, Brayfield and Lake farm.

If you have an interest in early Caroline Co I will be glad to do a lookup from this reference. Some are large and not able to be sent thru E mail.
I work first come first serve, so please be patient. Thank you

Re: lCaroline County history lookup offer

Marcia (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2006 2:29PM GMT
I don't know if the Greenes that are related to my kids are prominent or not.

Mathies Greene is the father born abotu 1728 and his daughter is Sarah Greene born around 1740 and 1750. She Married John Clayborn of Accomack Co.

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 1:08PM GMT
Marcia,
I have two Greene mentions in this requested reference.

I have a W.W. Greene a Pastor of the Old St. Margarets Church in Ruther Glen. This was after 1748 when the old church was destroyed.

I also show a Hilda Green. All it says is that she graduated from the Edmund Pendleton H.S. in 1918.
Elaine

Posted: 28 Aug 2006 1:10PM GMT
Marcia,
I checked for the Clayborn surname also, but it isn't shown in this book. Sorry
Elaine

marcia (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2006 3:01PM GMT
Thank you for looking I guess I'll have to do some more digging.

It is kind of fun looking up these past generations.

Posted: 9 Sep 2006 1:17PM GMT
Edited: 25 Sep 2006 12:05AM GMT
Do you know much about the Revolution??? I'm looking for info. on Capt. Fletcher's Caroline County Militia. details of it's service and military activities. Does your book have anything on the Sale family??
My ancester Samuel Sale was 2nd Lt. in the above comapany. He was found on Caroline County tax lists 1797,98,& 99, but moved to Mercer County, Ky. 1800. He married Elizabeth Snead in Caroline County.

Any help appreciated.

Luther D.

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 12:14AM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2006 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: LONG
I am very interested in John Long b 1695 and d. 1756 in Caroline County, Va. His wife was Ann, she died 1767. Their children were Ambrose, Francis, John Jr and Ann. The only one I know anything about is Ambrose b. 1736. He left Caroline County and went to Person County, NC. Would love to know if your information has anything about this early Long family that lived in Caroline County Thank You, CINDY VUTETAKIS

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 7:11PM GMT
Luther,
I know very little on the Rev., as it pertains to Caroline Co Va.

As for the Sales family, I so not see a Samuel mentioned.
However the Sales surname is show in reference to the follwing persons:
Estelle, graduated from Mica H.S 1920
Everett & Milton graduated from Mica H.S. 1923
A.D. graduated from Mica H.S. 1924
Mason graduated from Lee-Maury H.S. 1919
W.E. was a member of the Killwinning Crosse Masonic Lodge in 1924.
Hope if helps
Elaine

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 7:21PM GMT
Cindy,
I have checked the requested reference and do not see a family history for the Long surname.
There are two mentions:
Albert, graduated from Edmund Pendleton H.S 1923.
From Colonial Land grants in Caroline Co Va.
Richard purchased 1165 acres on August 20, 1734. This purchase is recorded in Book 15, page 286

Richard Long purchase 340 Acres and 70 poles, near Solomons Garden, in St. Margarets parish on June 13,1729.
Wish I had more for you
Elaine

Posted: 10 Sep 2006 7:33PM GMT
Edited: 4 Nov 2006 5:51PM GMT
Surnames: LONG
What you have given me is a great lead. I have information on a Richard Long but wasn't sure if he was in Caroline County at the same time My John and Ann Long were there. This tells me Richard was there. That's great news to me. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!! I appreciate you looking this up. It helps tremendously. God Bless, CINDY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions