Search for content in message boards

furniss gozzard parkes hartry weten(h)all

furniss gozzard parkes hartry weten(h)all

david martin (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: furniss, hartry, parkes, gozzard, wetenhall, lambe, bubb
looking in london /westminster for ancestors late 18th cent. early 19 th cent. namley martin furniss, edwin furniss george and joseph gozzard, john hartry (dentist) zachariah parkes, fanny parkes, ann bubb, thomas lambe any info on any of these surnames would be of interest.

wetenhall family tree

Coralynn (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2012 7:24AM GMT
Surnames: wetenhall
My Greatgrandmother was a Whettenhall . I have always understood this was the spelling. Have you come across this spelling anywhere

Thomas Lambe

Melinda Brewster (View posts)
Posted: 11 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lambe
I too am trying to find out some info on a Thomas Lambe. The one that is in my Family Tree was born in Ireland on 3 August 1850. We think he may have travelled to England met up with a Cornish girla caled Eliza Catherine Surname unknown. Tjhomas arrived in Australia in 1871 and then in 1874 he ,married Eliza Catherine. Thomas's father was Patrick Lambe. Thoams had a brother called George. This is all we know. If you can shed any light we would be grategul.

Re: furniss gozzard parkes hartry weten(h)all

Posted: 3 Jan 2004 4:40PM GMT
In the 1901 UK census, there were 54 people called Hartry. Eleven of these were related to my brother in law!
I have the details if you need them

Re: Thomas Lambe

Posted: 27 Feb 2004 12:05AM GMT
My grandad was called Thomas Lambe born in 1891 or there abouts. His dad may have been called thomas aswell He lived in Liverpool dont know anything abut his family e mail me if this is any help

Posted: 18 Jun 2007 5:23PM GMT
Hi, Paul,
If this e-mail is still active, I would be interested in your HARTRY connections.
Fred

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 2:50PM GMT
Hi Fred,
Did you find any information about Hartry? I am related to Hartry's in central Illinois. Maybe we could share some info.
Regards,
Laurie

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: Hartry
Hi, Laurie,

If your line is descended from Thomas born 1812 who emigrated 1849 to Illinois via New Orleans with his brother William and their families then it is probable that they are the uncles of an Alfred who married my father's Aunt Selina. It is possible that the line goes back to a Hartry born about 1540 in Bruton.

Thomas and William had another brother Edwin who appears to have emigrated to Illinois before finally settling in Nebraska

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 1:56PM GMT
Thank you so much. I believe Thomas is my 2x's Great Grandfather. I am having trouble connecting everyone up because so little information I can find about James Hartry. James wife Effie is for sure my 2x's Great Grandmother. It apears that James might be the son of Thomas with his second wife Jane. Maryann died in 1850 shortly after arriving here. I cannot find them living together so I cannot confirm the connection. I am sure I am related to all the Illinois Hartry's through my father Clifford Hartry. I am headed to Lincoln Il to see the family grave site - maybe there will be a clue there. I am going to check in with the Lincoln Geneology Society too and I will keep looking. Best to you!
Laurie

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 5:21PM GMT
Hi,
Yes my information matches what you say.
Thomas and Sarah Jane Ravo nee Veasey had one son James.
James married (1) Mary Sproul, then Effie in 1880. They had 3 children. I only have family for your Raymond - who also had 3 children, one being your father. I have not put too much data on this message because I do not know your policy regarding sharing information via message boards in the public domain - if you would like a copy of my descendants for Thomas, together with the rest of the Somerset Hartry's then please let me have an e-mail to correspond off board.
Regards,
Fred.
PS. It is some years now since I was a member of Ancestry and doing active research - if you have a public tree I would not be able to view without specific permission.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic