Search for content in message boards

LANDSTROM & SUNDWALL in Govan area

LANDSTROM & SUNDWALL in Govan area

Richard Lundeen (View posts)
Posted: 17 Nov 2001 9:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LANDSTROM, SUNDWALL, LUNDEEN, FENSKE, SLIND, WEBERG, OLSON, HAGEN, CARLSON, LARSEN
I would like to share information with anyone researching the LANDSTROM and SUNDWALL families who settled in the Govan area around 1904, immigrating from Wright County, Minnesota. Oscar LANDSTROM (1871-1960) and his wife Amanda SUNDWALL (1878-1958) had five children: Olivia (m. Swan LUNDEEN), Clarence (m. Edna FENSKE), Victoria (m. Justin SLIND), Harry (m. Violet WEBERG) and Alvin (m. Ida OLSON).

Others in the SUNDWALL family also settled near Govan. John SUNDWALL (1848-1925) was Amanda's father and was the oldest settler in the area. His other children were: Oscar SUNDWALL (1881-1948), who married Christina HAGEN; Emil SUNDWALL (1880-1936); Andrew SUNDWALL (1884-1961), who married Ruth CARLSON; and Hannah SUNDWALL (1886-1962), who married Christian LARSEN.

Re: LANDSTROM & SUNDWALL in Govan area

Stafford (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2002 7:12PM GMT
My great aunt (grandmother's sister) was named Christina Haugen and was married to Oscar Sundwall (1881-1948) and lived in Govan.

I don't know anything about the Lundeen family and very little about Oscar Sundwall's family except the names of their children. I saw Christina Sundwall when she came down to Seattle to stay with her sister Seva Rosen (my grandmother).

It may not even be the same Oscar but what a coincidence it would be to have the same birth and death years.

Posted: 16 Jun 2002 4:50PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: SUNDWALL, LANDSTROM, HAUGEN
Yes, this definitely is the same family. My connection is that my great grandmother, Amanda Sundwall (m. Oscar Landstrom) was a sister of Oscar Sundwall. I'd be interested in information on the Haugen family but wouldn't want to go beyond parents and siblings because the connection to my family isn't very close. I also have other cousins in the Sundwall line who may be interested. Do you want any information on the Sundwalls at this stage?

Richard

Stafford (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2002 10:18PM GMT
Thank you for answering so quickly. At this time we don't have any specific questions. However, I'm sure something will come up and it's nice to know we have you as a source. Thank you.

At this time I am using a government computer which is a no-no - so I'll try to get to another computer in the future if I have a question. Do you have any questions concerning the Haugens?

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 1:25AM GMT
I hope someone is still monitoring this post. My name is Craig Clausen, I am a great grandson of Oscar's sister, Hedda. (aka Hattie)I would like to share family information with you.

Craig

Re: LANDSTROM & SUNDWALL in Govan history book on-line

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 6:52AM GMT
Surnames: Sundwall, Landstrom
Hi Craig, Did you know the Govan history book is available on-line? http://www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.aspx?id=8545 Found the Sundwall story on page 573 by doing a sur-name search. Butch

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 12:00PM GMT
Butch,
Thank you for the reply. I immediately went to the book and read about the Sundwall family.

How do you fit into this family?

Do you know the Richard Lundeen who authors some of the posts? Do you know if he is still living? These posts go back to 2001.

Posted: 5 Nov 2011 6:30PM GMT
Surnames: Landstrom, Sundwall
I just volunteer help on the boards, but will try to find more for you. Hopefully, the other researchers will check their posts and get in touch, but many researchers lose interest. I took several years to find my cousins in the USA and started helping others as a hobby as it helps pass those cold Saskatchewan winters. Butch
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions