Search for content in message boards

KLEM, NICKEL (NICKELS), CONSLER (KANZLER), OSTER

KLEM, NICKEL (NICKELS), CONSLER (KANZLER), OSTER

Anne Bowie (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Originallly posted: 12 Jan. 1997

Anyone who is working with these surnames please contact me to share information. I have search the Klem family to Marlen, Kittersburg and Goldscheuer, Germany and visited a cousin Max Klem there. I need the name of the ship Anna Maria and Johann Baptist (Klem) came over on etc.

Anne Bowie, P.O. Box 1076, Gardnerville, NV 89410

ville, NV 89410

Re: KLEM, NICKEL (NICKELS), CONSLER (KANZLER), OSTER

Patti Schantz (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT

Dear Anne,

I have some info on the Klems. Not the ships name. What I have was done by another family member. Do you have the article about the Klems from the Catholic Courier 15/Feb/1934 telling of the hardships of the Klem family? Do you have the info from the Genesee Country Family File? I see Marlen and Kittersburg but no Goldscheuer in my listings. Let me know and we can share info.

Patti

Re: KLEM, NICKEL (NICKELS), CONSLER (KANZLER), OSTER

Anne Bowie (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT
I received a note from Hans Roser who lives in Goldscheuer, Germany today. Marlen, Kittersburg and Goldscheuer are three small villages that connect to each other. The are located along the western border of Germany along the Rhine River, not far from Kehl. If you need help locating them on the map I will be glad to help out.

Hans has information regarding the Klem family and I have asked him to respond to our questions. I will ask him if I may post his e-mail address here.

Anne Bowie

HENNER, BRANDENBURGER

D.A.White (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am seeking information on Mary Anna HENNER who married Joseph Francis KLEM 26 Apr. 1887. Her Parents were Joseph HENNER and Eva BRANDENBURGER. If you have any information on any of these people, I would greatly appreciate it. Her parents are the earliest generation I can find in this line and I would love to have any new clues you might have.
Thanks,
D.A. White
Posted: 13 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 5:13AM GMT
I have assisted in the research and the recent publication of nearly all the Klem and Clem and double mm families in the US.

Your Joseph Francis Klem was born 7/18/1861 in Rochester NY and had 9 kids with Mary Henner. His dad was Bernard Andrew Klem born 5/18/1833 in Rochester, NY. And his dad was Bernard Walter Klem born 8/8/1809 in Kittersburg, Baden, Germany and died 1/21/1879 in Monroe, NY. Too much info for this format.
Posted: 23 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 5:13AM GMT
I am very puzzled by your posting concerning the marriage of you Stallman grandfather to Augusta Klem in Rochester, NY in Monroe County.

I have extensive information concerning the Klem families of this area. I can only identify an Augustine Klem who was born and died in 1850. Perhaps Augusta is a middle name. Do you have any more identifier info on her? Perhaps Klem is not her maiden name and this is a second marriage (to Stallman) for her. If you provide additional info on her, I can fill in the rest. I have data on several hundred of the Klem families of Rochester, NY all the way back to the oldest known in this clan: Adreas Klem who died Nov 16, 1772 near Marlen, Germany whose son George Klem of Marlen had a son Johann Baptist Klem born in Kittersburg, Germany on May 28,1779 and died Jan 26, 1856 in Rochester, NY is the first Klem immigrant to this area. So tell me more about Augustine Klem.
Posted: 23 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 9:12PM GMT
Hello. My grandfather Arthur G. Stallman b.11/02/1872 married AUGUSTA KLEM 05/15/1898 in Rochester, NY, Monroe County. He was the son of Frederick Peter Stallman b. 1841 he was in the Civil War. His wife was Margaret Lane she was born 1846. Thank you. Bob

Re: NICKEL

Posted: 26 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 May 2003 9:32PM GMT
I'd like to request further information. I am researching the NICKEL family, my grandfather's name. His full name was FRANK OTTO NICKEL and he was born on Apr 4 or 5, 1899. He was one of 13 children born to MR. NICKEL & and his wife, ELIZABETH ZIELINSKI (spelling?).

They lived in Rochester, Monroe Co, NY. My grandfather married ADELINE/ADELAIDE "ADDIE" MCCUMBER, about 1921. My mother, ETTA MARIE, was born in 1922. She has two sisters still living. FRANK OTTO died Jan, 1996; his wife died in 1965, and my mother died in 1979.

There are numerous NICKEL references in the 1920 Rochester City Directory, and one even noting FRANK as living at 242 Breck as a boarder at the home of CHARLES & ELIZABETH. Could this be my grandfather and great grandparents? I would also like to know if any of the others on the list are my grandfather's siblings. I will gladly post the list and share what information I have.

KLEM

Anne Bowie (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I went to the Family History Library last week-end and looked up both Joseph Francis KLEM and Eva Brandenburger.
I found an Eva Brandenburger who was born in Oregon but when I printed it out I forgot to bring it home.

I'm going back today. I will be I'll be looking on the Microfische and perhaps will be able to find more information. Bernard Andrew KLEM is my ancestor so I will be needing the information for my file.

I'll pass it on as soon as I find the data.

Take down my new e-mail address. anne@gqpnras.com.

Anne Bowie

Klem

Patti Schantz (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Klem
Dear Ann,

I saw on the internet a reference to a Magdalena Klem who married a Lorenz Kopf 04/JUN/1764 in Marlen, Goldenscheuer, Baden. Do you have any of the family data from Germany. I just wondered if this person was from the same family. This listing is from Monroe Co., NY.
Patti Schantz
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions