Search for content in message boards

Ridge Wood Military Cemetery in Belgium

Ridge Wood Military Cemetery in Belgium

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 5:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carins Lees
anyone living near the Ridge Wood Military Cemetery In Belgium be able to help me out by photographing my Great Grandfathers Grave site. grave reference II.R. 6, Lance Corporal John Cairns Number 5364. He died in Flanders on the 29th of April 1916.

Thank you in advance

Re: Ridge Wood Military Cemetery in Belgium

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 11:13PM GMT
We have photographs of the gravestone. Taken about 2 weeks ago. And regimental war diary information on what was happening when he died.

I can be reached directly at dallan0121@gmail.com and could then send you a copy of the photo.

We are tring to find out information about this particular John Cairns as we also beleive him to be an ancestor. Any information you could share would help us a lot.

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 11:20PM GMT
Hi Monica,

Here's a few photos of Lance Corporal John Cairns' grave stone. He may be my great-uncle. Was your grand-father John Cairns born in Ayr, Scotland in 1890?

Robin
Attachments:

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 11:17AM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2012 11:19AM GMT
Hi Robin,

Yes My great grandfather was John Cairns from Ayr Scotland 1890. Would love to talk to you.....how exciting. It took me 4 years to verify the right John Cairns. I can be reached at safeconsult@rogers.com my home email or work email is 642@yrp.ca. I live in a small town just 45 mins north of Toronto, Ontario Canada.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please forward your email etc with your response to my emails so that I can send you photos and other information.

Your new found family

Monica
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions