Search for content in message boards

Fischer of Alsace, France

Fischer of Alsace, France

V. Prather (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2000 3:53PM GMT
I have a ANNE MARIE FISCHER, b. 1807, who married VALENTIN HOLLENDER, b. 1898, in 1831 in Leiterswiller, a town of Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France. They had the following children between the years 1832 and 1853: JOSEPH, MARIE ANNE, BARBE, VALENTIN, another VALENTIN, another BARBE, MADELEINE, JOSEPHINE, and another JOSEPHINE HOLLENDER. The marriage record of VALENTIN HOLLENDER shows he was from Hohwiller, another town of Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France. My great-grandfather was FRANCOIS JOSEPH HOLLANDER, b. 1855 in Schwabwiller, Bas-Rhin, Alsace, France. He told family members he came from a large family who has been in the Alsace-Lorraine region of France for many, many generations. I suspect he may be related to the HOLLENDERS mentioned in this query. If anyone has any info that can be of help to me or would like additional info on this family, please write me at VLP24@freewwweb.com I'd be glad to share info. Thanks!

Fischer in Alsace

Charles Fischer (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 8:14AM GMT
I have a Charles Fisher from Alsace Lorain which wouild have been born about the same time. He married Caroline Reinhardt, any connection????

Fischer in Alsace

William Lewis Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 8:16AM GMT
Charle Fischer was spelled with the c my type o

Fisher-Reinhardt

V. Prather (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2000 5:24PM GMT
Charles,

I don't have a REINHARDT in my records, but I do have a REINBOLT. MADELEINE REINBOLT, b. abt. 1808, married WENDELIN HOLLANDER and birth records were found on 6 children born to them in the town of Schwabwiller, Alsace, France between the years 1837 and 1844. Possibly your FISHERS and REINHARDTS lived in the same general area of Alsace as the HOLLANDER family I am researching. Do you have any of the following surnames (surnames of people who married HOLLANDERS in Alsace): MUSSER, BEIL, PFOHL, BAMBERGER, MOLSER/MOSLER/MOSSER, HUSS, OTTMAN, WEBERMANN, MATHIAS, KIENTZEL? If so, could you please write me at VLP24@freewwweb.com I'd be interested in sharing info. Thanks!

Fischer of Alsace-France

Posted: 7 Nov 2000 3:26PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2001 11:31PM GMT
My ggm is Marie Fischer, DOB Dec. 8, 1849, but I don't know if she's from AlsaceLorraine. She went to US 1871, lived died in 1917 in Chicago. She married August Pobloske in 1872. Any connection?

Fischer of Alsace-France

Posted: 7 Nov 2000 3:32PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2001 11:31PM GMT
Sorry about my previous response. I just realized that you Marie born between 1832 7 1853 would have been a Hollender, not a Fischer.

FISCHERS FROM ALSACE

Posted: 5 Jan 2001 10:26PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 6:29PM GMT
My grandfather's name was Robert Fischer. I believe he was born in NYC approximately 1868. On a census record I found (either 1910 or 1920), it says his parents were both born in Alsace. Their names were Robert Fischer and Helene Thorne. Have you come across these names?? I'd love to find a connection.

Re: Fischer of Alsace, France

John Fisher (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2002 6:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
There is a message from Michaela Fischer regarding her possession of an old book that gives information regarding Alsatian Fischers. Try contacting her via her message which is here:
http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=message&r=rw&p...
If she replies in German, let me know if you need a translation. you can reach me at sokolfarm@aol.com.

Posted: 5 Jul 2006 3:18AM GMT
Hi, I have a Marie Eve Fischer from Brumath, Bas-Rhin, Alsace Lorraine. I am suspecting she may have born about 1750 or so. She married Louis Wolffhugel of Brumath, Bas-Rhine.

I am sure there is a connection but where I do not know.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted: 13 Mar 2008 6:37AM GMT
My father always said that our branch of the Fischer family came from Alsace. I have found Peter and Margarata Fischer in NYC and their children are my great grandfathers siblings. They then went on to San Francisco. I think Margareta's maiden name was Kohl.
Does any of this sound like part of your family.
Thanks
Kathee Fischer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions