Search for content in message boards

Italian Miranda's

Italian Miranda's

Posted: 31 Aug 2001 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Feb 2003 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Miranda, Muscarella, Chipalla
Looking for Italian Miranda's...........Grandfather Benedict (Beneditto) Miranda married Concetta Muscarella(?) coming from Sicily and Rome areas. Settled into New Orleans, Louisiana, onward to Rockford, Ilinois. Their children included to name a few, Rose, Peter, Samuel, Mary, Lena and Bennie (Jr.), Appears from Rose's baptism certificate that name may have been Merranno (sp) and changed upon entry to the U.S. Any info or relatives out there?

Re: Italian Miranda's

Joan Newman (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2001 9:56PM GMT
I have copies of "Declaration of Intent's" for the following:

Martin Mirand-- Barber from Campofiarito, Province of Palermo, Sicily dated December 31, 1912;

Peter Miranda - Mechanic from Campofiarito, Palermo, Italy. may 17, 1917;

Frank Miranda - Chaffeur from Campefierito, Province of Palermo, Sicily, Italy dated Mar 8, 1918;

Giovani Miranda - Barber from Campo Fiorto, Sicily dated Apr 23, 1920;

Pietro miranda - merchant from Campo Fionto, Italy dated Ar 27, 1920.

These declarations contain much more information than listed above. If these are any of your Miranda's please email me and I will be happy to share.

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 11:47PM GMT
Would like to look at them..........we do have a Peter Miranda in the family. If you don't mind and can email them that would be great. Everything, so far, has come to a dead end on the other side of the Atlantic.

Thanks

Joan Newman (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 3:20AM GMT
I do not have them on disc. I have copies of the actual documents from the Iberville Parish Courthouse in Plaquemine, Louisiana. I was the coordinator for Iberville Parish on GenWeb and have posted the names on that location.

The information on Peter is as follows:
I, Peter Miranda, aged 22 years, occupation mechanic, do declare on oath that my personal description is: Color - White, complexion - dark, height 5 feet /inches, weight 120 pounds, color of hair black, color of eyes gray, other visible distinctive marks none; I was born in Campofrairita, Palermo, Sicily, on the 20 day of September, anno Domini 1894; I now reside at Plaquemine, Louisiana. I emigrated to the United States of America from Palermo, Sicily on the vessel Florio Rubattine; my last foreign residence was Campofriarita, sicily. It is my bona fide intention to renounce forever all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, and particularly to Victor____________ III King of Italy, of which I am now a subject; I arrived at the port of New Orleans, in the State of Lousiana on or about the ____ day of December, anno domini 1897; I am no an anarchist; I am not a polygamist nor a believer in the practice of polygamy; and it is my intention in good faith to become a citizen of the United States of America and to permanently reside therein; SO HELP ME GOD. (signed Peter Miranda) May 2, 1917

This is Document #52 in an old book on the shelf in the courthouse entitled
"Form 2202
Department of Commerce and Labor
division of Naturalization
Record of Declaration of Intention

Re: Italian Miranda's - More on

Joan Newman (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 11:01PM GMT
Certificate 67

I, Frank Miranda, aged 19 years, occupation Chaffeur, do declare on oath that my personal description is: Color White, complexion Dark, height 5 feet 4 1/2 inches, weight 125 pounds, color of hair black, color of eyes brown other visible distinctive marks none; I was born in Campefierito, Province of Palermo, Sicily, Italy on the 10th day of May, anno Domini 1899; i now reside at Plaquemine, Louisiana, U.S.A. I emigrated to the united States of America from Palermo on the vessel Florio Rubbertino; my last foreign residence was Campefirrito, Sicily. (arrived at the Port of New Orleans September 30, 1899)

and

Certificate 81

I, Giovanni Miranda, aged 38 years, occupation Barber, do declare on oath that my ersonal description is: Color white, complexion fair, height 5 feet 4 inches, weight 126 pounds, color of hair dark, color of eyes blue, other visible distinctive marks scar under chin; I was born in Campo Fiorito, Sicily, on the 1st day of January, anno domini 1882; I now reside at Plaquemine, La. I emigrated to the United States of America from palermo, Italy on the vessel Vincenzo Frolio; my last foreign residence was Campo Frolio, Sicily. (arrived in the Port of New Orleans October 29, 1887.

and

I, Pietro Miranda, aged 65 years, occupation merchant, do declare on oath that my personal description is: Color white, complexion fair, height 5 feet 4 inches, weight 110 pounds, color of hair grey, color of eyes brown; other visible distinctive marks none; I was born in Campo fionto, Italy on the 13th day of june, anno Domini 1854, I now reside at Plaquemine, La. I emigrated to the United States of America from Palermo, Italy on the vessel Caledonia; my last foreign residence was Campo Fionto, Italy. (arrived at the Port of New York on or about the 5th day of September, 1882)

Happy Hunting!!!!!

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 1:55PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 9:32PM GMT

do these people look familiar? we are from ny

1900 Polizzi Generosa, Sicily
Rose Bongiorno married Antonio
Mirando.
Family owned bakery in Polizzi.

Immigrated to usa. Searching
for all still in Sicily!!!!!!

THE MIRANDA'S OF USA

miranda mark athony 1963----
miranda, robert anthony 1926
brooklyn, ny
miranda 2nd, robert john
pa d. 2000 pa
miranda, anthony 1952--
miranda, anthony November 12,
1902 brooklyn, ny

December 1949 brooklyn, ny
miranda, benjamin joeseph
brooklyn
miranda, ida brooklyn, ny
brooklyn, ny
miranda, james brooklyn, ny
miranda, joeseph brooklyn, ny
miranda, kevin and barbara
miranda, lena
miranda, matilda
miranda, robert john 1956
miranda, susen a. 1957
miranda, rosemarie
miranda, laura lynn penna
miranda, julia stony
brook, ny
miranda, brooke elisa
(johnson) 1980 sho lo, az
miranda, christopher stony
brook, ny
miranda, nicole 1990
ethan alexander______b.

magliano, al
magliano, alf
magliano, alfred
magliano, marilyn
magliano, rose miranda

melaccio, angelina December
24, 1905 brooklyn, ny ----
melaccio, Elizabeth brookyn,
ny w babylon, ny
melaccio, francis
brooklyn, ny
melaccio, Frank
brooklyn, ny white plains, ny
melaccio, james
brooklyn, n
melaccio, josephine brooklyn,
ny

melaccio, vincenzo calitri,
italy
melaccio, frank
melaccio, salvatore calitri,
italy
melaccio, vito calitri, italy

BONGIORNO, Rose Polizza
Generosa, sicily williamsburg,
brooklyn, ny
Bongiorno, catania Polizza
Generosa, sicily

mirando, antonio 1880 pollizzi,
sicily brooklyn, ny
mirando, james pollizzi,
sicily
ny
mirando, paulo polizzi,
sicilia, italia

maffucci, giovanni calitri,
italia
maffucci, maria guseppa
calitri, italy

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 3:47PM GMT
Many are familiar as we have them on our side also, however, our side is settled in the New Orleans and Rockford, IL areas so I dont know whether there is a connection.

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 8:50PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 9:32PM GMT
it strange how i cant find them on ellis island site..

does new orleans have a port of entry database???

Posted: 24 Jan 2002 4:08AM GMT
Gee Mark, Maybe there is some connection. Our Mirandas do not appear anywhere on Ellis Island either. But thats because I know they weren't Mirandas when they came from Sicily. We have a birth cert. for an aunt had written by a Catholic Priest but we can't really make out the name. Looks like Merranno but nothing with that either. So we've tried every variation we can think of and then try them again. There are some New Orleans resources that I will send to you.

Re: Italian Miranda's - More on

Posted: 1 Jan 2010 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Miranda
This is my great grandfather!!!!

I, Pietro Miranda, aged 65 years, occupation merchant, do declare on oath that my personal description is: Color white, complexion fair, height 5 feet 4 inches, weight 110 pounds, color of hair grey, color of eyes brown; other visible distinctive marks none; I was born in Campo fionto, Italy on the 13th day of june, anno Domini 1854, I now reside at Plaquemine, La. I emigrated to the United States of America from Palermo, Italy on the vessel Caledonia; my last foreign residence was Campo Fionto, Italy. (arrived at the Port of New York on or about the 5th day of September, 1882)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic