Search for content in message boards

Hezekiah Adkins

Hezekiah Adkins

ynn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2006 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Adkins, Levon,Barrett,Fitzpatrick,Roberts,Richey,DeWitt
We have an ancestor named Hezekiah Adkins who married Mary Levon. They are my husband's 5th great grandparents... Not sure where they are from but their kids are from Indiana....Please send email and I'll look for any other info I might have.
Thanks. lynn

Re: Hezekiah Adkins

kathy Grady (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2006 12:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
When was your Hezikiah born the Hezekiah i have married Nancy Spears on Dec 25 1819in Cabell County West Virginia
Kathy

lynn (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2006 1:48PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins,Barrett,Richey,Richeson,Roberts,Fitzpatrick
Hezekiah Adkins b. 20 sept 1759 Halifax Co VA
died 19 mar 1842 Wayne Co West VA
married Mary Levon b. dec 1758 Halifax Co VA
d. mar 1855 Wayne Co West VA
His father is Parker V. Adkins
mom si Mary Polly Frye
Hezekiah & Mary had 10 kids--we spin off their 3rd child Nancy. Nancy (m) John Barrett. Both Nancy & John died in Indiana...
lynn

Kathy Grady (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2006 1:06AM GMT
There were 2 Hezekiahs this one is the brother of Littleberry ,who I spin from. Littleberry had a son he named Hezekiah also he married Nancy Spears Dec 25 1819. Littleberry married Nancy Adkins ,she had the same last name as his, here is my Lineage

Thomas Adkins m-
William V Adkins m-Elizabeth Parker
Parker V. Adkins m Mary Polly 1754
Littleberry Adkins m-Nancy Adkins 1790
Hezekiah Adkins m- Nancy Spears1819
Cainaan Adkins m-Mariah Vance 1860
Angeline Adkins m1st Montiville Lucas
and 2nd William Leander Adams
Letillis Adams m-1st Jay Cochran
2nd Blackie Collins
Virgil Cochran m- Sarah Jent ( 2nd) Goldie Unknown
Samuel P Cochran m Betty L Williams my mother and father.

Brenda Leatherman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2006 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Gibson
Hi Lynn:

I have 4 Hezekiah Adkins in my family tree maker program:
1 - born 9/20/1759 in Goochland Co., VA, died 1/26/1842.
married Mary Lafon (Lavon?) 10/30/1784, had 7 children.
2. - son of #1 above, born 1/20/1795, died 5/8/1876 married
Sarah M. Childers.
3. - Son of Littleberry Adkins
4. - Son of Elias Adkins and Susanna Fry, born abt. 1837.

I can send you a gedcom of the Adkins in my program, if you wish. I gathered this info from so many sources, most other researchers just like you and I, so I am glad to share too.
Brenda Leatherman.

Posted: 14 Apr 2007 6:40AM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Lucas, Parker, Davidson, Buller
Hi Kathy!
I responded to one of your other postings on Angeline before I found this posting. In my previous note I included information from my Grandmother's family tree in the family Bible and I believe I inadvertently listed Letillia as having died at birth. That was incorrect as I have seen another mention of an "Aunt Tillie". It also looks as though you are a descendant of hers so we are definitely cousins! I can take you a little farther back on the Adkins:

Littleberry and Nancy were also cousins--some reports say 1st, some 2nd... Littleberry's father Parker married a Mary Adkins (no relation) and also appears to have had a sister Mary. Parker's sister Mary married his brother-in-law Jacob Adkins...
Parker's parents were William Adkins b. 1692 m. Elizabeth Parker b.1700 (d/o Richard Parker b.11/29/1630 and Elizabeth Bailey no date found. Richard Parker s/o James Parker and Lady Katherine Buller d/o Sir Richard Buller b.1578 and Alice Howard b.1579--this line traces back to the Howard, Courtenay, St. Aubyn, DeBohun, and Plantagenet lines of the 17th, 16th, and 15th centuries. I am working on compiling our line of descent and hope to publish the findings).

Back to the Adkins line....
Thomas Joseph Adkins m. Mary Davidson (d/o William Davidson and Hannah Warrington)
Robert Adkins m. Helena Parker (d/o Richard Parker and Elizabeth Bailey, Aunt of Willima Adkins'wife Elizabeth Parker) I have not been able to find any further information on Robert Adkins but this is possibly due to a change in the spelling of the name from Atkinson or Atkins to Adkins.

Hope you find this information helpful!
Michelle

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Adkins, Parker
Regarding William V. Adkins m. Elizabeth Parker..the information I have shows that they had a daughter, Lady Mary Adkins, born 10 Oct 1735. However, everything I have found on Elizabeth Parker shows that she died in 1733...2 years before Mary was born. Does anyone know the correct dates?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 8:51PM GMT
I don't believe any confirmed death date exists for Elizabeth Parker (Adkins). Some have estimated she died "before 1735"...but this may simply mean before Mary was born. Dying before Mary was born would not necessarily mean dying before Mary was conceived. So, rather than dying before 1735, she may have died before Mary was born, but some time in 1735. The bottom line is that it seems it is not known for sure. People will make these deductions because someone doesn't show up in a census, or because they disappear from all records; however, the person could be in a hospital or other situation where they did not show up on normal records. I'm not sure where you are getting information that she died in 1733. If that is a documented and confirmed year, it would also be accompanied with some kind of confirming information...which would be helpful for all to have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic