Search for content in message boards

Old family story or did it really happen (Crabb Family Kosse Texas)

Old family story or did it really happen (Crabb Family Kosse Texas)

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 5:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: crabb, wallace
Looking to verify the following story if you have heard it or might know anything about it please let me know.

James Henderson Crabb (son of John Lowry Crabb & Sarah Jane Snipes) married to Josephine Todd. They had a daughter Melissa Crabb who married a Wallace. The story goes that after Melissa married she ran off with another man. Her husband? Wallace went after her and the other man. He found them together and killed her (Melissa) the man she ran off with and himself. All three bodies were then brought back to Kossee Texas on a freight train and taken to the same funeral home. All three bodies are in unmarked graves at the Eutaw Cemetery just outside of Kossee (this is where her family is buried at)

I have not been able to find any other information to go with this story. Has anyone else heard this? Or just me???

tkenendy@our-town.com

Tracy

Re: Old family story or did it really happen (Crabb Family Kosse Texas)

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Crabb
Is an article that mentions Melissa in the book "History of Limestone County", Vol. one. It was written by Mrs. Gertrude S. Adams: "My mother, Maggie Crabb, came to Kosse and Limestone County with her parents, Jim and Josie Crabb, from Athens, TN, in 1893 when she was 9 years old. They settled on a farm joining Allie Moss' old homeplace. She had one sister, MELISSA (my caps), and four brothers, Leonard, Will, Albert and Onis. My grandfather's brother Sam Crabb, was once constable in Kosse." Glad to send you the rest of the article if you will email me. lynda@ectisp.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions