Search for content in message boards

JOHNSON, Carrie Mae (MELSON) 1892 - 1968

JOHNSON, Carrie Mae (MELSON) 1892 - 1968

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 24 May 2004 7:29AM GMT
Surnames: HAYWOOD, JOHNSON, KACALA, MELSON
MARTINSVILLE BULLETIN, Martinsville, Va., Mon., Oct. 7, 1968, p. 2, col. 3 [edited]. Mrs. Carrie Mae Melson Johnson, 76, of Ridgeway, died Sunday at Martinsville Hospital. She was a member of the Methodist church in Welliamston, N.C. Surviving are one daughter, Mrs. Fannie Mae Kacala of Baltimore, Md., four sons, Thomas Johnson of Martinsville, Charles and John Johnson of Ridgeway, Hubert Johnson of Richmond, one sister, Mrs. W. E. Haywood of Portsmouth; six grandchildren. Funeral services will be held Tuesday at Stone Funeral Home. Burial will be in Roselawn. [Ref. ROSELAWN BURIALS, HENRY COUNTY-MARTINSVILLE, VIRGINIA, Compiled by Margaret W. Myers and Patricia Johnson, page 140, Sect. 2, Lot 22: Carrie M. Johnson, 9/16/1892 - 10/6/1968].

Re: JOHNSON, Carrie Mae (MELSON) 1892 - 1968

Posted: 16 Dec 2007 8:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Johnson, Grinnalds
This was my great grandfather's second wife. My great grandfather was John William Johnson. I'm looking for more information on him--I know he was born ca. 1887 in Va., and that his parents were William and Mary Johnson. He married my great grandmother, Lucille Grinnalds, in 1905. I'd also like to find out more about John and Carrie's descendants. My mom (John's granddaughter) lost touch with the family when their son Charles died. Thank you, Lisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic