Search for content in message boards

MOLLETT/FLETCHER

MOLLETT/FLETCHER

Posted: 5 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Feb 2004 8:32AM GMT
Surnames: MOLLETT, FLETCHER
NEED HELP DESPERATELY:
Looking for information on Barbara Jane Fletcher born 12-23-1836 in West Virginia. Married in 1863 to David Mollett born 1812 in Johnson County, Ky. Barbara was David's third wife. David's parents were Nathan R. Mollett and Thamasine Stafford. Any help will be greatly appreciated. You can E- Mail me at ELROBRTSN@AOL.COM

David Mollett of Johnson .co.

Erich E. Stafford (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: David Mollett
Hi Ella,
I have Thaminsina Stafford born 1 May,1793 in Giles Co. Va. Sahe was the daughter of Ralph Stafford and Jane Kane. She married Nathan Mollett in Giles Co. He was born in 1766 and was the son of Noah Mollett and Sarah Baker. Thaminsina died in 1820 in Johnson Co. Ky. and was buried at Boone's Camp. Nathan married again to Rutha Dixon and died in 1859.
Thaminisa and Nathan's children were:
1. Elizabeth Mollett b.1810 m. William Meed, 5 sept. 1833
2. David Mollett b. 1812 m. (1)Susan Johnson (2)Mary Atkins and (3)Barbara Jane Fletcher
3. James "Bay" Mollett b. 1814 m. (1)Margaret "Peggy" Blevins 16 March,1834 (2)Ferbia Jane Music.
4. Abigail Mollett m. Shadrach Ward in 1832.
5. Hiram Mollett b. 1817 m. Elizabeth Collingsworth. He was a minister and they moved to Nebraska.
Thaminisa's older brother, James, is my ggggrandfather. I have more on the Mollette and Meeks if you will contact me directly at pstafford@meginc.com.

Mollett Johnson Meek

Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2005 4:48AM GMT
Susan/Susannah was a new find for me recently. (I didn't have a complete list of children put together yet, so thank you!) Her death record indicates she is the daughter of Andrew and Martha Johnson.

Johnson County, KY Death Records
================================
Name,age/gender/mar.status/occupation,parents...
Mollett, Susannah 43y/F/M/FW Andrew and Martha Johnson JHN JHN 1858 Consumption
Mollett, James 4m/M/S/FS David and Susannah (Johnson) Mollett JHN JHN JHN 28 Sept 1858 Whooping Cough

Plus, there was the...
Johnson Co. grantee's index: 1853 - Andrew Johnson to David B. Mollette, Farm on Rockcastle Cr., book B, pg 231

Andrew and Martha Johnson (both of NC) appear in the 1820 Floyd County census, the 1850 & 1860 Johnson County Census. They are shown living next to Mollett families.

Do you have any information on the George Johnson you mentioned? He may be the brother of Andrew.

...Karen

David Mollett

Surnames: Mollett, Johnson
Hi Karen,
I hate to confuse things but I have David Mollett marrying Susan Johnson in 1832 who was the daughter of GEORGE JOHNSON of North Carolina. They had 9 children: John b.1833, Mary b.1837, David Jr. b.1840, Melvina b. 1841, Julia Ann b.1844, Abbie b. 1845, Jannie b.1848, Johnson "Jonce" b. 1851 and Hiram b.1855. David had Henry Wilson by Mary Adkins and Louise Violet by Barbara Jane Fletcher.
I hope this is of some value to you. Sincerely, Pete stafford

Mollett Johnson Meek

Edited: 24 Mar 2005 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: Bayes, Johnson, George, Preston, Webb, Leek, Meek, Grimm
Thank you for the information on the Mollett family. I am related through Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Mollett's husband, William Meek, was the brother to my gr-gr-gr-grandmother, Eleanore "Ellen" Meek, B: 1806. Ellen married Joseph Johnson, B:1813, son of Andrew Johnson.

David Mollett married Susannah "Susan" Johnson. Susan is the daughter of Andrew Johnson.
Susannah "Susan" JOHNSON B: abt 1815 D:1858 consumption
M: David MOLLETT M:1832 Johnson Co.
grantee's index: 1853 - Andrew Johnson to David B. Mollette Farm on Rockcastle Cr., book B, pg 231

Susan & David's children:
James MOLLETT B: 5-1858 D: 9-28-1858 whooping cough
David MOLLETT B: 1840
Abby MOLLETT B: 1845 M: Samuel VANHOOSE

I have not confirmed this yet, but are Susan Johnson and Joseph Johnson children of the same Andrew Johnson?

Would you have any information on Andrew Johnson? I'm especially interested in the name of his wife. I believe it is Martha, but am not sure. Andrew was from NC and had other children, which I have info on.

Any help you can provide is definitely appreciated!
...Karen

Mollett

Posted: 13 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: David Mollett
Hi Karen,
I feel sure you are correct on the Andrew Johnson question. The amount of documentary evidence you present cannot be refuted. If I remember correctly, I got my information from the Osborne webbsite which is a very good one but we all make errors. Happy holidays to you and your family.
Pete Stafford
Posted: 3 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Fletcher
Hi, I noticed that no one helped with the Fletcher part. Its a long shot but the Fletchers I know of were allied to Johnson County folks. They lived in Greenbriar VA. You might try hunting around there and surrounding counties. Hope this helps a wee bit.
Laura

VIRGINIA DARE FLETCHER 1966

JIM PHILLIPS (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF VIRGINIA DARE FLETCHER IN JOHNSON COUNTY IN 1966. SHE GAVE BIRTH TO A SON - JAMES DEWAYNE FLETCHER. THANKS

Re: David Mollett of Johnson .co.

Lola Wulf (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2004 11:23PM GMT
Surnames: MOLLETT, SHEPPER, CRISS, LONG
I am searching information on HIRAM C. MOLLETT, son of THASMASINE AND NATHAN MOLLETT. I have information that he married a third time to SUSANNAH CRISS SHEPPER. We need to locate where she died and when?
Can anyone help me?

Re: David Mollett of Johnson .co.

SUSAN CRISS LONG SHEPPER MOLLETT (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2006 4:23PM GMT
Has anyone found out when HIRAM C. MOLLETT of northern Missouri or Kansas died and when his 3rd wife, Susannah Criss Long Shepper Mollett died and where? I am thinking she died in Oregon or Washington state where her daughters were.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic