Search for content in message boards

Onondaga Co SPRINGSTEADs

Onondaga Co SPRINGSTEADs

Posted: 16 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Oct 2001 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: Springstead, Springsted
I am looking for the Clay/Cicero ONONDAGA Co SPRINGSTEADs. Also spelled SPRINGSTED. Jeremiah and family went to Ohio in 1834, then on to LaSalle Co Illinois, 1839. Jere b 1785 NY.
Who were his parents??? We have his wife as COMFORT. Was she a Brumbach?

springstead

martha XXXXXX (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: springstead
Hi i am also looking for info regarding the springsteads of
onondaga county. My maiden name is springstead and I am from michigan. I am doing my genealogy and just getting started. I believe my ancestors were from wisconsin originally, around the springstead wisconsin area. If you have any info please email me. If i can help you in any way let me know also

Martha Springstead XXXXXX

Springstead

Posted: 16 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 8:48PM GMT
Surnames: Springstead
I am a Springstead from Onondaga Co. My g.g.g. grandfather's name was Henry, b. 1799 d. 1854 m. Amanda VanCamp, b. 1802 d. 1856. There were 10 children: William, Mary, Austin, Albert, Albert, Cornelia, George, Grove, Julia and I haven't figured out who last one is yet. How are you linked to Onondaga Co.? Don't know if I can help, but would like to try.

Springstead

Posted: 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Springstead
My great grandfathers name was Walter Searing Springstead
he lived in N.Y. but do not know where he came from. Could there be a connection?

Searing,Springstead,Ten Eyck

Posted: 23 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2002 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Hallenbeck, Springstead, Searing, Ten Eyck
I'm from Colorado so Onondaga is a blank to me.Could you be
related to a Lavina Springstead b1780?Her husband was Casper
Hollenbeck Ten Eyck.After 1797 it appears they may have gone
to Canada.Ontario.A son of theirs,Barent,married Bathsheba
Springstead.Would love to find out who Bathsheba's parents
were as well as Lavina's. Searing comes into play as well.
Just want to know where,when and how with any luck!

Re: Springstead

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 10:57AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2002 2:55AM GMT
Hi Elaine,
Do you know if the William your list with Henry as his father is the same William on the 1880 Stony Point, Rockland County, N.Y. census? He was 61 at the time of the census
and had a wife named Margaret and three children Lucy, Maggie, Walter S. Springstead.

Re: Springstead

Elaine Becker (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2001 7:34PM GMT
"My" William Springstead was born in 1823 and died in 1875, married to Bertha E. ?.

Wish I could have helped you.

Re: Onondaga Co SPRINGSTEADs

Posted: 4 Mar 2003 2:36PM GMT
Edited: 18 May 2005 1:45AM GMT
Comford Kinne Spingsted was in the 1850 census in LaSalle, Ill. She was age 64. In the very next message under Jeremiah Springsted , is the last will and testament of her father. I am searching for Jeremiah Springstead (Springsted) who was born 1829 in New York. He married Maggio Bedford in Ontario Canada. He is enumerated on the 1860 census in Lyons, Ionia, Michigan.

Any information would be greatley appreciated.
Charles Snitchler

Posted: 17 Aug 2003 5:35PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2005 7:39PM GMT
Surnames: Springstead, Brumbach, Lett
Okay, guys, here's what I stumbled across. Haven't the sources for everything, but verified what I could and am still working on it. Sorry, no parents for Jeremiah yet.
Jeremiah Springstead, b. 1785, Clay, Onondaga County, NY, d. April 14, 1856, Earl Twp, LaSalle County, IL. Married (date unknown) Comfort Brumbach, b. 1786, VA, d. February 13, 1855, Earl Twp., LaSalle County, IL. CHILDREN: David, b. November 11, 1817, Clay, Onondaga, NY, d. 1901, LaSalle County, IL, m. Elizabeth Lett, d/o Samuel Lett & Elizabeth Warren, January 1, 1841, LaSalle County, IL (have more on David and Elizabeth), Hiram, b. October 16, 1819, Clay, Onondaga, NY, d. LaSalle County, IL, m. Maria Lett, d/o Samuel Lett & Elizabeth Warren, January 4, 1844, Harding, LaSalle County, IL, (have LOTS more on Hiram and Maria), Harvey, b. ca. 1821, NY, m. Sarah ???. (more to come on these two), Mundy, Alburn H., Catharine, Rachel, Amanda.
Can anybody add to this ... PLEASE?

Pamela (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2003 7:06PM GMT
Surnames: SPRINGSTEAD, LETT
Hello. Yes, SPRINGSTEAD/SPRINGSTED brothers married LETT sisters. The boys were from NY and the girls were IRE>CAN>IL . Their collective Family story is absolutely fascinating.
From 1988-2000, up to a good 60 hrs a week, I researched and documented these extended families. I have charted ''all of them & theirs'' thru the 1930s.
I lived in the 1847 Springstead schoolhouse in Adams Twp, LaSalle Co IL and took my research so seriously I made 3 trips to Ontario, CAN. to further my research them.

I compiled and donated 6 binder-books on them --it took that many to hold most of the material (and dozens of genea chart folders on their cousins & neighbors) to the LaSalle Genea Soc in Ottawa IL. In fact, I researched ALL of Adams & Northville Twps' residents c1839-1900 based on the 1870s plat, in which they (really) resided. So, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW??? Where...and WHO... are you from?? you can reply to me direct: Pamela.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions