Search for content in message boards

Joseph Moss Williams (1827-1911)

Joseph Moss Williams (1827-1911)

Posted: 7 Jul 2011 4:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for information on parents of Joseph Moss Williams, born and died in NC. Was a Baptist preacher in Inman, SC.

Re: Joseph Moss Williams (1827-1911)

Posted: 23 May 2012 1:13AM GMT
I am looking for the same information on Joseph Moss Williams. He was my 2nd great grandfather, father of Cyrus who is my link (my great grandfather). Any information you have would be appreciated. How did you find out that his father was a Baptist preacher?
Thanks

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:28PM GMT
My aunts told me that Joseph Moss Williams was a Baptist preacher. I have a pic of him holding a Bible. He was a scary-looking guy. His father was William Williams, ( b. about 1800) but I can't get further back on him. Joseph Moss Williams' mother, however, has a nice lineage back to an 8th cc. Norwegian king. Pretty cool.

I'm not good at figuring out relationships. Are we like 4th cousins or something?

Posted: 27 May 2012 1:10AM GMT
Thank you! I haven't looked yet, but do you have the picture posted on your family tree (of him holding the Bible)? I would love to see it! I will go to your tree and see what I can find.
Also will have to go further on the mother if I can.... our daughter in law is a direct Norweigian!! So that would be awesome if we had a connection that way with her.
I will see what relationship I can find between the 2 of us. I know Joseph Moss Williams was my 2nd great grandfather.
Thanks!
Lynne Ray

Posted: 27 May 2012 3:13AM GMT
My youngest son misplaced that pic. If I can't find it, I will ask Candice for a copy. I haven't done done much uploading on ancestry.com yet.

David

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 7:01PM GMT
Jenny please contact me @ l.l.vest@gmail.com

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 1:45AM GMT
I sent an email as requested. Hoping you have information on my great grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic