Search for content in message boards

Essex Eleanor Maria Scott

Essex Eleanor Maria Scott

Posted: 30 Jul 2000 12:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Botsford
looking for information on essex eleanor scott.born , 7 april 1830, in manheim. she was the widow of william scott, photographer. she married chauncy thomas botsford in june of 1867. chauncy passed away 8 jan. 1870 in dawson ga. essex passed away 30 aug. 1905.

Re: Essex Eleanor Maria Scott

Posted: 3 Jul 2007 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Botsford
Essex Botsford was the mother of my great-grandfather, Albert Sidney Botsford. What little I know of her, I found in publications by the Botsford family and historical data from ancestry.com. How are you related to her?

Posted: 3 Jul 2007 3:39PM GMT
Surnames: Scott, Mister
Hi Barbara,

Essex was my great-grandmother, Albert Sidney my grandfather, your mother Joy is my 1st cousin. We have done quite a bit of research on Essex, but still have a lot of questions mainley about her life before she met Chauncey. We know that she had a rough life when married to Scott, What we don't know is about her life before Scott.Her family name was Mister she was born in Manheim Germany in 1830. What we don't know is about her life up until she met Scott. If you would like to know more about the information we have, let me know.

We are going up to the Botsford family reunion in Milford Ct.July 19th and 20th. Charlie. cbotsford@aol.com

Posted: 3 Jul 2007 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: Scott
Thanks for the info. I think it is interesting that we "met" on a message board. I'm doing family research and making an album to pass down to our daughter and her family.
I've also been interested in finding more about Essex. She must have had an exciting life being born in Germany of Irish and Welsh parents and then living in India before coming to America. I'm also curious about her 2 children with William Scott. Someone in the family must have kept up with at least Bertha, because I found 2 pictures. I know that Pearl, Albert, Lucy, and your dad visited family in Maryland.
Bertha is buried in D.C. Her brother moved to St. Pete and was a merchant. I can't find any more info about him.
On another matter, I'm having trouble verifying who the parents of Sarah E. Record Rose were. Were they G.L. and Louisa Adaline Record or Chandler and Eliza Cushman Records?
Thanks for any help you can give me!

Posted: 3 Jul 2007 6:59PM GMT
Hi Barbara,

Why don't you send us your email address and you and my wife Sarah can compair notes, she keeps track of all of the family history. She has copies of chauncey's will, old news papers and other things that might be of interest to you.
Sarah and your mother, Joy, talk by phone three or four times a month.We don't live in Jacksonville, we live in Brandon. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Charlie cbotsford@aol.com

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 4:40AM GMT
Surnames: Scott
Hi,

I've come across this lady while looking up any information about her daughter Bertha Helen. I'm sorry her life with William was not good. The reason I'm researching her tonight is that I'm trying to identify a B H Scott who was working with Scott & Co, a European store (merchants & nurserymen) in India between 1892 and 1897. Bertha Helen is the only B H Scott I've been able to find in India. It seems like William & Essex (or Esther sometimes) had several children, Bertha, Frederick Sydney, and William Henry Giddes. You mentioned a brother who was a merchant? That's hopeful! The Scotts in India I'm researching were merchants - thus Scott & Co. I was looking for a connection between Bertha and them. Anything more you could tell me would help a lot!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic