Search for content in message boards

Zebulon Hopkins

Zebulon Hopkins

Kathryn Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2002 11:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Dec 2008 11:44AM GMT
Surnames: Hopkins, Chapin
Would like info on Zebulon Hopkins, b 1805 in New York, d 1882 in Republic, Ohio. He married Elizabeth M. Chapin in 1836. She was b 1814 in New York, d 1883 in Ohio.

Their children were all born in Seneca Co, Ohio:
1. Joanne
2. Romain
3. Desdumona
4. Randolph
5. Lewis
6. John
7. Flora
8. Frank

Thanks in advance for any help or leads.

Re: Zebulon Hopkins

J.R. Mathna (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2002 6:59AM GMT
Surnames: Hopkins
I do not have much info on Zebulon Hopkins, but I have collected some on his children; what I have is mostly marriage dates, but I have extensive info on Desdamona T. Hopkins since she is my ancestor.

I have looked at the 1850 Census and this family was living in Eden Township, Seneca, Ohio. It listed Zebulon, 44, as being a landlord and listed Elizabeth, 32, Joanna, 12, Romain, 10, Desdemona, 8, Randolph, 6, and Louis C., 3. Also listed were two boarders, a physician and a saddler (names were hard to read).

Here are the marriage dates I have for Zebulon and Elizabeth's children:

Joanna and Perry G Walker, December 27, 1859
Desdamona T. and Auston GalePerin, January 31, 1865 (I also have the names of their 10 children)
Randolph and Abbie A.Harrington, September 9, 1869
Louis C. and Cynthia Petticord, August 25, 1870
Frank A. and Ida J.Delano, February 6, 1884

I hope this able to help a bit in your reserach.

Kathryn Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2002 12:24PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2008 11:45AM GMT
I am descended from Zebulon's son Frank and his wife Ida. The information I have lists three additional children to the ones you listed. Do you know anything of Romain, John, or Flora? Now I am wondering if John and Flora might have been boarders as they are listed with what appears to be surnames. I would be quite happy to share what I have on the family and would like to know more about them. You can reply to me at my home e-mail address. Thanks so much.
Kathryn the.8andersons@worldnet.att.net

Posted: 2 Dec 2008 10:00PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2008 11:45AM GMT
Surnames: Hopkins
Is this the Col. Zebulon Hopkins of the CSA?
Apparently there were some Hopkins in Orange County, VA,
from the family of Samuel Hopkins, a stone mason with a small farm.

From what I have researched, Sam and his wife had 13 kids,
one of which was my grandfather, Henry Book Hopkins.

Of his 3 sons, Book, Roger and Joe: Joe had one son and one daughter. I'm Joe's son. Mark Hopkins

It would be fascinating to find out how many kin we have out there.

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 3:24AM GMT
I do not have much information on Zebulon and Elizabeth Hopkins as of yet. I am also a direct descendant through Desdemona and Austin Gale Perin. Their daughter, Flora, is my great grandmother. I do have information on Austin and Desdemona's line.

Posted: 6 May 2012 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: Phillies hopkins dickerson
Frank A. and Ida J.Delano, was my grandparents, and I would like to share any info that i have with you, please contact me through my email egaledick@aol.com

Phillies hopkins dickerson

Posted: 6 May 2012 9:01PM GMT
Kathryn - please contact me - I have some information on Zebulon's family. His son Frank was my grandfather. You may prefer to write thru e-mail --egaledick@aol.com

Phyllis Hopkins Dickinson

Posted: 6 May 2012 9:11PM GMT
Zebulon Hopkins was my g-grandfather - all I have on Desdemona is that she was born 10 Aug 1841 in Republic Ohio and died 23Nov 1925 in Florida My records say she also had a sister names Flora. Their brother, Frank was my grandfather. Would love to be in further touch with you. My e-mail is egaledick@aol.com

Phyllis Hopkins Dickinson

Posted: 7 May 2012 2:26PM GMT
Please contact me at egaledick@aol.com

Desdemona was my g-father's sister..

Posted: 7 May 2012 2:33PM GMT
Someone else wrote the above reply for me at Ancestory- they spelled my name wrong - I am Phyllis Dickinson and my e-mail address is egaledick@aol.com

My g-grandfather was Zebulon Hopkins. Anyone searching this family, please contact me - I have some information to share and would love to receive info from you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions