Search for content in message boards

William, Daniel Weese - Gallia OH and Boone IN

William, Daniel Weese - Gallia OH and Boone IN

Posted: 5 Feb 2009 2:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WEESE, VIRTUE, WIESE
Looking for information on the William Weese b. 1790-1800 who appears in Gallia Co OH 1830 and Boone Co IN 1840. Possible father of Ruth Weese / Wiese b. 1824 OH who marries David Virtue b. 1823 OH in 1844 at Boone Co IN.

Other possible father of Ruth is the Daniel Weese b. abt 1790 who is in Gallia OH 1820, Jackson Co OH 1830 and apparently died abt 1838 Hamilton Co IN. Interested in contacting researcher with updated info on this Daniel, who is also supposed to have had a daughter Ruth.
Thank You, Tom McKenna

Re: William, Daniel Weese - Gallia OH and Boone IN

Posted: 27 Sep 2009 3:28PM GMT
Surnames: Weese
Hi Tom,
Daniel Weese married Sarah Sheward (or Shoard) in Gallia County OH. They did have a daughter Mary Ruth who married Uriah Kirkendall in Hamilton County IN abt 1840.

Also in Galia OH very early were my g.g.g.grandparents Andrew Scott who married Mary Weese in 1804.

Nearby according to census were the households of Daniel Weese and Lenard (Leonard) born about 1793 who married Susannah Rose. I have no hard proof but I believe these three Weeses were siblings.

Somewhere in the 1820s Andrew Scott and wife Mary Weese and Daniel and Sarah Sheward Weese came to Hamilton County IN. Daniel Weese and Mary Weese Scott both died probably around 1832 in IN. After their deaths Andrew Scott and Sarah Sheward Weese married.

I have no information on Leonard Weese coming to IN so I am guessing he stayed in Gallia OH.

We know that the surnames Weese, Scott, Shoard (Sheward) ,and Kirkendall were all in very early Jackson County OH as well. I understand Gallia County OH was formed with part of Jackson County OH.

It seems likely that William Weese is probably another sibling of Daniel, Mary, and Leonard giving his birthdate. Feel free to contact me directly at doncar66020@yahoo.com. Thanks Donna

Re: William, Daniel Weese - Gallia OH and Boone IN

Posted: 27 May 2010 11:22PM GMT
Hi Tom,
my name is Michelle Weese Renslow. Daniel is my 6th great grandpa. You may contact me at scrapwich@yahoo.com I can give you some info, but like you I have a puzzle piece I need, I can't seem to find it though. I have up until Daniel but no parent's, siblings and a few children of Daniel.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions