Search for content in message boards

Sam & Mary Fipps Capps, son Lester Waverly

Sam & Mary Fipps Capps, son Lester Waverly

Posted: 29 Feb 2004 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fipps Springs main lines
I am searching for any information on the following family. Mary Fipps Capps is my great aunt.
Sam Capps born abour 1890 married Mary Fipps about 1924. They lived in Tarboro in 1930 and moved to Smithfield sometime after that. Mary was born was born in 1902 and died in 1987 and is buried at Oakland Heights Cemetery. Their son is Lester Waverly Capps born May 5 1929 and died in August of 1992. I am tring to locate any relatives still in Smithfield Johnston, Phipps, Capps and Woodell sirnames.

Re: Sam & Mary Fipps Capps, son Lester Waverly

Posted: 27 Aug 2008 3:02AM GMT
Hi, although I don't live in smithfield anymore I too am related to Aunt Mary Phipps. She was my great aunt. My grandfather was her brother. I live about 30 mins from smithfield

Posted: 16 Apr 2010 3:27AM GMT
I am actually Lester Capps biological granddaughter from his first marriage to Pauline Anderson. I too am looking for information regarding this family tree. I grew up in Smithfield. My family still lives there (including his two daughters, ex wife, grandchildren, and great grandchildren) but I currently live in Raleigh.

Posted: 28 May 2013 6:51PM GMT
She is my Great Grandmother on my mom's side

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:56PM GMT
I vaguely remember the name of your grandmother. There is a Phipps/Fipps Family Reunion in Whiteville NC in October. They have a wealth of info.

Posted: 28 May 2013 11:26PM GMT
Thanks so much for responding! I would love to make it to the reunion!

Posted: 28 May 2013 11:30PM GMT
here is the email of the event organizers
Teresa Hilburn thilburn@gmail.com
Tulah Fipps Fisher ffisher4@ec.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions