Search for content in message boards

Cain's in England connection

Cain's in England connection

Wanda Cain Meyers (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: William Cain
We have been told an early ancestor by name of William Cain came over and settled in upper South Carolina between the years 1730 - 1740. He was granted land in that area by the King Of England. Any information leading to his family in England would be greatly apprieciated!

WCM

Re: Cain's in England connection

Posted: 22 Jan 2002 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2002 12:16AM GMT
Hi
do you have any other information about William Cain, I am looking for siblings of Adam Cain b Isle of man 1726."william"
was quite a popular name so more info is needed.
Sheila Cain

Barry Davidson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2003 3:14PM GMT
I've got a John Cain born about 1794, and had a son with Winneford Vannoy named William M. Cain in 1828. I do know that John Cain had an American Revolution marker on his grave.

trevor cain (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2003 4:45PM GMT
hows the Cain search going?
We are mainly based around the Isle of Man but there are
links to royla danish court but not sure if thats the Cain side or
not

lynn henning (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2004 6:46PM GMT
Just a suggestion, contact the DAR who may have information on his family. there is a fee for this.

Posted: 29 Feb 2004 11:08PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jun 2006 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: Cain(e), Vannoy
Am looking for info on Telitha Catherine Cain believed daughter of John Madison Cain and Winneford Vannoy born abt 1820 Knox Co Kentucky. Bill Trosper

Posted: 13 Aug 2004 12:14AM GMT
Surnames: Cain
William Cain, aka William Caine Sr, died March 3, 1732 in Bertie County, NC. He was a planter, and had a wife name Elizabeth. I have had different results on their children's names, but may be Hargraves, William, Cador, Patience, Unity, Sarah and Rachel. I have not been able to trace any further back, but I would like to know if my ancestry is English, Irish or Scottish. Most likely, all of the above. I am wanting to find my Cain Scottish Tartan. It seems my line of ancestors went from North Carolina to South Carolina, Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, to Texas where I am at. Check out www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/3829/outfam/cain.html
Any info on Celtic heritage would be appreciated.

Posted: 13 Nov 2005 6:58AM GMT
I am interested to find out from whom you were directly descended. My ggrandfather, Nathaniel (could have been his middle name) was born in NC, married a woman (Mary) who was born in LA and moved to Polk County, TX. I have been tracing down the lines of the siblings but I'm stumped on some.

Eunice (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2005 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: Cain, Browning, Robinson, Hill
Do you know what year they were born or married. I am looking for info on a James T. Cain b in Ga in 1815, d in Livingston Parish, LA in June of 1899. He had a dau Mary b abt 1846 in LA.

Jen (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2005 3:47AM GMT
I was told, but can't prove it, that Mary's last name was Pink Fitzgerald (not sure if she had been married before or what). Nathaniel, I think went by John Nathaniel, but can't prove at present. He was born about 1834 as was she. In the 1870 census, in Polk Co, TX they were both listed as 37. In 1880, she was alone with her children in San Jacinto Co. TX, age 46.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic