Search for content in message boards

Looking for descendents of Hiram Walker

Looking for descendents of Hiram Walker

Charles E. Coleman (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walker, Stroh
I am looking for ancestors and descendents of Hiram Walker and Elizabeth Stroh formerly of Wayne County, MI.

WALKER

Candace Frank (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2011 3:29PM GMT
Surnames: WALKER, CONRAD, Stroth
Donald K. Walker was born on June 3, 1930 and died Sept. 30, 1986. I have no idea what his parents names were, but someone in the family seems to recall the last name Stroth.
He married Kathleen Joyce Conrad; born 1932
both were born in Detroit and moved to St. Petersburg, Fl. in 1963-1969.
Any help would be appriciated.

Re: Looking for descendents of Hiram Walker

Posted: 27 Aug 2003 1:23AM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2003 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Walker
My grandfather was named Hiram Walker and moved from Mi to Michigan approx. 40 years ago. He lived close to Detroit and had several children. I do not know the woman you mentioned.

Info on Hiram Holcomb Walker and Elizabeth Stroh

Posted: 22 Sep 2003 1:30PM GMT
Edited: 6 Sep 2004 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Stroh, Holcomb, Williams, Tallman
I know that this response is to an email posted a while back but wanted to link this information to the inquiry on the Wayne County Message Board.

For researchers interested in the ancestry and descendants of Hiram Walker, there is a family tree posted on the Ancestry World Tree Project for Hiram Holcomb Walker and his wife Elizabeth (Elsa) Stroh, daughter of Bernard Stroh.

According to the "Whittington Family Tree" by James Whittington (posted on Ancestry), Hiram Holcomb Walker was the son of James Harrington Walker and the grandson of Hiram Walker who started the company by the same name. Hiram Holcomb Walker was born 4 Aug 1886 in Walkerville, Ontario and 12 Jun 1953.

Hiram wed Elsa Stroh in May 1911. She was born 5 Mar 1885 and died 9 Feb 1922.

Hiram and Elsa had two children Phoebe Holcomb Walker (born 2 Jun 1915) and Elsa Elizabeth Walker (born 21 Jan 1922).

Hiram Holcomb Walker's father was James Harrington Walker. He was born 13 Sep 1859 and died 16 Dec 1919 in New York. He is buried in Woodlawn Cemetery in Detroit, Michigan. He was married twice: (1) Florence Alida Holcomb and (2) Margaret Caldwell Tallman.

The grandfather, Hiram Walker, was born 4 Jul 1816 in East Douglass, Massachusetts and died 12 Jan 1899 in Detroit, Michigan. He is buried in Elmwood Cemetery in Detroit. His wife was Mary Abigail Williams. She is also buried in Elmwood Cemetery.

The lineage of the grandfather, Hiram Walker, goes back to Massachusetts and remains there for over 200 years. The immigrant ancestor, Thomas Walker, came to Massachusetts from England in the 1600s.

The Walker ancestry is outlined on the Whittington Family Tree at www.Ancestry.com. Some of the lineage is also on www.FamilySearch.org.

I am familiar with the Walker line in Massachusetts because it is one of my ancestral lines. My 3rd great-grandfather, Jonas Walker (b. 1817 in Royalston, Massachusetts) was a distant cousin of Hiram Walker who started the Hiram Walker Distillery company.

Mary Scott

Re: Looking for descendents of Hiram Walker

Posted: 9 Dec 2011 3:06AM GMT
Edited: 9 Dec 2011 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: Walker
Actually, When Hiram Holcomb Walker (my grandfather)married, they had great difficulty with becoming pregnant and so they adopted Phoebe. Then my mother, Elsa Walker was born soon after. Therefore, I am the only make blood descendent of Hiram Holcomb Walker. I have two sisters but no brothers. I have the entire family lineage from the 1600's documented.

Re: Info on Hiram Holcomb Walker and Elizabeth Stroh

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 1:08AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2013 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Walker, Smith
Just as a small point - Hiram Holcombe and Elsa Walker adopted Phoebe. They only gave birth to one daughter, Elsa Elizabeth Walker, who married Robert Henry Smith and I am their son, Hiram Walker Smith, born 12/31/49.

Re: Info on Hiram Holcomb Walker and Elizabeth Stroh

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 3:19AM GMT
Surnames: Walker Smith Stroh
Dear Hiram Walker Smith,

Thank you for your response and additional information about Hiram Holcombe and Elsa (nee Stroh) Walker. I didn't know that they had adopted Phoebe.

Thank you for your clarification about your branch of the Walker family.

Best wishes,

Mary Scott
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions