Search for content in message boards

Richard Oliver Flowers of Coffee County Alabama

Richard Oliver Flowers of Coffee County Alabama

Posted: 2 Nov 2007 4:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am the grandson of Arch R. Flowers. I'm trying to get some information on R.O., Emma, and Lida. Was Arch and Guss the blood sons of R.O. or were they adopted? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Richard Oliver Flowers of Coffee County Alabama

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 1:45AM GMT
Surnames: Flowers
In the 1880 census, Ida, Arch & Gus are listed as living in the same household with the Flowers family. Gus and Arch had the last name Faucett, as did their Mother, Ida. Oliver was married to Lida.

Rebecca Powell Rae

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 1:54AM GMT
Surnames: Flower
Ida was listed as Emma in the 1880 census.

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 1:57AM GMT
So the question remains, are they adopted or were they in fact the sons of Richard?

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 2:00AM GMT
Yes, I know, the census is what has prompted the question. What I'm trying to find out is does anyone have some sort of record showing the real birth father of Arch and Gus.

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 2:07AM GMT
Have you been to the courthouse in Coffee County? Birth records are difficult to find, because many people didn't record a birth.

I would love to go down and look.. maybe one day.

Rebecca

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 2:12AM GMT
I live in Coffee County. Yes I've checked the records and there is no birth record of a Faucett around 1876. I was hoping someone would have a Bible entry or maybe some other descent of Richard would have something showing something one way or another. The only other option is a DNA compairson.

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 12:17PM GMT
The Y-DNA test would definitely be the answer, if you are in the direct male line. Please keep me informed.

Rebecca

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 12:33PM GMT
I will. If once established, blood or adopted, then it will be the answer for all descendents of Arch and Guss.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions