Search for content in message boards

Hopewell Cemetery, Hunt County, Texas

Hopewell Cemetery, Hunt County, Texas

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
I wanted to start a board for ANYONE looking for relatives buried in Hopewell Cemetery, there is already one up but the names being asked about are limited, I wanted to make sure that everybody could find their own people without looking at headers and thinking they might not apply to them.

If you are searching for information on any family members buried at Hopewell Cemetery, Hunt County, Texas... or the cemetery itself, TxGenWeb is working to get them up and online as quickly as I can get them documented, it is incomplete - but it is a work in progress...

This cemetery has been abandoned and neglected for a very long while and I am just now getting information on it up and online. I wanted to address anyone whose names were not up on a previous board.

Good luck!

http://www.rootsweb.com/~txhunt/hopewell.html

Re: Hopewell Cemetery, Hunt County, Texas

Posted: 13 Nov 2007 3:30PM GMT
Surnames: Gillham, Cheney, Moudy, Birdsong
My family names that are buried here are John W. GILLHAM, his wife Elizabeth CHENEY, and his sister Sarah GILLHAM MOUDY. Eliabeth CHENEY's brother James Carroll CHENEY (wife - Minerva HOPPER) may be buried here, but his grave has not been found; James C. CHENEY'S son John Wallace CHENEY and his wife Mary T. HALL along with two sons Robert Ellis CHENEY & James Henderson CHENEY are buried here; and the husband of James C. CHENEY's daughter Jeanette Lewis CHENEY, Albert J. BIRDSONG, is buried here. John A. GILLHAM, a grandson of John W. GILLHAM, and son of James F. GILLHAM and wife Belle, is buried here. Arabella GILLHAM who was probably a daughter of John W. GILLHAM is buried here. Hattie GILLHAM who is buried here (inf daughter of W.T. & M.N. GILLHAM) may be a granddaughter of John W. GILLHAM and daughter of William GILLHAM. Sallie CHENEY b. 1829 who is buried here is no doubt related but unidentified at this time.

Re: Hopewell Cemetery, Hunt County, Texas

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Willaims
I was in Hopewell Cemetery yesterday Oct 31, 2012. Didn't get very far nor did I find the couple I was looking for.
They are James Thomas Williams and his wife Mary Jane Carr Williams. James died in 1899 and she a few years later. Has anyone found any Williams in this cemetery?
Thank you so much for your help.
Janer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions