Search for content in message boards

Gioseppe Servello b. 1871; Filadelfia

Gioseppe Servello b. 1871; Filadelfia

Debbie Garland (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Aug 2010 11:10AM GMT
Surnames: Servello
I am just starting my family tree and dont know a whole lot yet but i do know that my great grandfather and my great great grandfather came over to the U.S. from Naples in 1904 and my great great grandfather was born in Filadelfia.His given name was Gioseppe Servello. I am currently trying to get more information.He was born on March 12,1871 in Filadelfia.If you can get me any information I would appreciate it. Thanks Debbie

Gioseppe Servello

Frank Servello (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Gioseppe was my fathers' grandfathers' brother (which makes him my great great uncle). My great grandfathers name was Frank Servello..who had a son named Pasquale....who had a son named Frank (my grandfather), born in Filidelfia on July 11, 1911..came to the US in 1956 settling in Norwood, MA (Suburb of Boston)..he passed away on January 23, 1982 (his 50th Wedding Anniversary)...has a son named John (my father )..and my name is Frank. Most family members have been using what I call the customary Italian chain of names....The first male child born inherits the name of his paternal grandfather, the second male inherits the name of his father. I have been working on our branch of the family tree for some time (going back to the 1400's).... I'm hopeful to finish this soon.

Vincenzo Servello and Carmela Anello; Filadelfia

Jim Thomas (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2005 11:08AM GMT
Please bear with me, as I'm a little fuzzy on the family history. My mother was Frances Servello, born in Filadelfia in 1910 (or thereabouts). My grandfather was Frank (Francesco) Servello (born 8/7/1884, died 1962), the son of Vincenzo Servello and Carmela Anello. My grandmother was Francesca Maria Concetta Servello (born 6/8/1882, died 1922), the daughter of Giuseppe Servello and Lucrezia Costa. I'm planning a trip to Italy this March – April (‘01) along with one of my cousins. We hope to visit Filadelfia and, if
possible, meet some of our relatives. Any information as to relatives still living in Filadelfia would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Descendants of Vincenzo & Carmela Anello Servello

Sharon Sanders (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2005 11:02AM GMT
Surnames: Servello, Anello, Costa, Rondinelli
I too am in search of family members residing in Filadelfia Italy. I will be visiting Filadelfia shortly and am trying to put together our family tree. So far this is what I know.
My Great-Grandfather was Vincenzo Servello/his wife was Carmela Anello. I was told she was a mid-wife in Filadelfia. Maybe also called Anna.
My Grandfather was Francesco Antonio Servello. He was born 8/7/1884 and died in 1962.
His wife, my Grandmother was Francesca Maria Concetta Servello. She was born 6/8/1882. Died approx 1927. They resided in Spokane, WA.
Her parents were Giuseppe Servello and Lucrezia Costa.
My Grandfather had one brother and one sister, that I know of. The sister (Mary) married Louis Rondinelli, also of Filadelfia. They had three sons, Vincent, Dominic and Joeseph. They all resided in Norwood, Mass. Vincent is the only residing son. He lives in Florida. He has told me that there are relitives in Canada. He may have lived with his Grandmother (Anna) in Naples at one time.
My Grandfather had cousin(s) in Wisc.(Peggy and Nick?) and also maybe in Norwood, Mass.
His brother, Carmello, married Antonia (?) in 1957 in Filadelfia.
My Grandfather had cousins, Carmello, Teresa, and Josephine.
My Aunt, his second oldest daughter, is Sister M. Nicola (Grace Servello). She is residing in Tacoma, WA

Any information you may have that might connect us, please contact me via my E-mail address or my cousin, Jim Thomas via his E-mail address, jrthomas@home.com

We will be leaving for Italy the end of March.

Re: Gioseppe & Sabatina DiAndrea Servello

Posted: 26 Oct 2001 12:31PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2005 11:04AM GMT
Surnames: Servello, DiAndrea
Gioseppe Servello is my mother's grandfather. His wife is Sabatina DiAndrea.Do you have any information on Gioseppe's parents? There names are Francesco Servello and Caterina. That is all I know. I don't know her maiden name. Did they ever come to America? Any information you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Servello; Simbario, Calabia, Italy, Canada, USA

Posted: 22 Jan 2003 7:49PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2005 11:06AM GMT
My name is sam ceniti , living in toronto canada. My mother's maiden name is servello. she moved to canada in 1963. Her father's name was frank Servello of Simbario , Calabia, Italy.
His father ( which would be my Great grandfather) moved to chigago in the 1920's . He lived there for 20 years sending back money to his family.after 20 years he went back to his family in Italy and died of a gun shot. I am just wondering if he started another family in Chicago during those 20 years

Re: Luigi & Maria Servello Rondinelli

Posted: 13 Jun 2003 2:43AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2005 11:03AM GMT
Surnames: Servello, Rondinelli
Hi my name is Teresa Rondinelli,daughter of Joseph(deceased) granddaughter of Maria Servello and Luigi Rondinelli.(both deceased) all formerly of Norwood MA. My son happened to be tracing his ancestry and came upon your board message.I found this real interesting and was hoping that we could possibly communicate. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Re: SURNAME: Ceniti

sam (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2003 3:46PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2005 11:07AM GMT
Surnames: Ceniti
My name is Sammy William Ceniti. My grandparents came from Zagarese, Italy to Rosemond, West Virginia where my father Salvator Ceniti was born in 1920. My Grandfather, Pancrazio Ceniti and Grandmother Matilda eventually moved to Chicago on Berry Street. My father, who spent 20+ years in the military, and Grandparents are deceased, my father died in 1982 in Chicago.
I live in Ponca City, Oklahoma, born 1954 in Merced, California. I am an Engineering Technician with the City of Ponca City. I have a sister, Sharon and a brother Bruce.
I noticed your name while on the net and was surprised to see someone with the same name, Ceniti is not a common name.
I dont know a whole lot about the family in Chicago but would like to trade notes with you just to see if there is a connection. I am sure there was an uncle Frank in the family. My oldest aunt, Nellie is coming in from Chicago this week and I will find out from her.
My E-Mail address is, Coyotee@poncacity.net, feel free to drop me a note anytime.
samthe

Re: Descendants of Vincenzo & Carmela Anello Servello

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 9:40PM GMT
HI SHARON,I AM TAKING A CHANCE IN TRYING TO E-MAIL YOU HOPE YOU STILL WILL GET THIS. MY NAME IS TERESA AND I AM THE DAUGHTER OF MARY AND JOSEPH. MY DAD IS THE SON OF LUIGI AND MARIA WHO RESIDED IN NORWOOD MASS.HIS BROTHERS ARE DOM AND VINCENT.MY MOM ACTUALLY TOLD ME THAT SHE HAD MET YOU IN CALIFORNIA MANY MANY YEARS AGO. I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN KNOWING MY RELATIVES AND I HOPE WE CAN COMMUNICATE. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU CAN BECAUSE I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO GET TO MEET/KNOW YOU AS WELL AS INFO IN REF TO RONDINELLI FAM THANKS MUCH LOVE FROM TERESA R.

Re: Descendants of Vincenzo & Carmela Anello Servello

Posted: 31 Jul 2010 8:43PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2010 9:24PM GMT
Surnames: Rondinelli, Servello
I am trying to locate Teresa Rondinelli (maiden name) Your father was Joseph and mother was/is, Mary. Grandfather, Luigi and grandmother, Mary Servello, Rondinelli. I have found your message to me regarding our family. I met your father and grandparents when I was a teenager and was visiting with my grandfather, Frank. Your grandmother and my grander father were brother and sister. Your uncles are/were Vincent and Dominic. Please contact me @ raemuff@comcast.net.

I was so surprised to see your two messages.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic