Search for content in message boards

Murray of Argyle NY

Murray of Argyle NY

Posted: 27 Nov 2001 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Feb 2002 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Murray, Murrey
Seek to identify James Murrey and Iram Murrey, listed next to each other in the 1790 census of Argyle, Washington Co., NY. They were probably residing in that part of the town that later became Fort Edward.

Re: Murray of Argyle NY

Posted: 4 Sep 2005 12:19PM GMT
Hi, not sure I can help but my ancestor Neal Murray was farming in the Argyle, NY area about the same time. They came from North Lewes Island about 1786, a son, John Murray was born on the ship on the way over I believe. This area of the family tree is sketchy but I know they were in this location. Email me and we can compare notes.

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 8:34PM GMT
Iram was a soldier in war of 1812 and he is listed as being of Moreau. I find him in Moreau NY in 1810. I think he was father of my Daniel Murray 1800 - 1851 as he also names sone Iram. There is another Hiram Murry and Moreau in 1860 and 1870 and he dies 1875 and he is the brother to my Daniel as his will lists my Daniels children in Saratoga Co, NY. I wonder if the James in Argyle next to Iram is the James that goes to Tompkins Co. NY he had sons Daniel, Aaron and Gilbert.

Posted: 30 Jun 2011 5:00AM GMT
Surnames: Iram and Lydia Murray
Iram Murray and his son John C. Murray are listed in a newspaper article in 1816 as being former owner of 2 farms adjoining each other in the Kayasderros Patent. This was in the town of Northumberland which Moreau was taken from in 1805. The land was being offered at an auction as the next owner Leonard Gavensvoort did not make payments to owner... I contacted Leslie Potter and she did a little search and told me that Iram and wife LYDIA sold the land ca 1804 but there is no record of him buying it as land records in NEw York were still under feudal court system at that time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions