Search for content in message boards

KESSINGER

Posted: 9 Jul 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Nov 2001 2:20AM GMT
I'm looking for info re the James KESSINGER family who lived in Hart County in the 1800s. He was born 1800. Married Ann _____. They owned land in Hart County, had 8 children: Arthur, Thomas, Mary, Cynthia, Nathan, Elizabeth, William, Henderson.

James was the son of Jacob and Rebecca (Clendenan) Kessinger.

What was Ann's maiden name? When did James & Ann marry? Where did their children settle?

KESSINGER

Posted: 3 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:25AM GMT
I have James b. 1800, s/o Jacob & Rebecca md to Ann Taylor b. 1804 Hart Co., KY. with 8 children. No further info

KESSINGER/TAYLOR

Posted: 27 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2001 2:20AM GMT
Cathe,

Thanks for the response about James and Ann. Could you tell me where you found the info about Ann being a Taylor and her birthdate? I would like to follow the same trail and learn more.

Thanks,
Susan

fam hist hart cty ky

cheryl norris (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: kesinger, kessinger, clendenen
Am working on Kessinger, Clendenen of Hart Cty ky.
My husband is descendent of Jacob and Rebecca. I have
some infor on Kessinger. Need to know about Rebecca.
Can you help? Kessingers came to Greene Cty Il. Also
Clendenens. They built a stone house in the river bottom.
Did Rebecca die before coming to Il? Am willing to share!

James Kessinger\\Ann Taylor

Posted: 16 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2003 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: KESSINGER, TAYLOR
Susan
Upon checking my notes..I've found a James Kessinger married to Ann Taylor. Ann is the daughter of Benjamin Taylor (d. ca Oct. 1813) & Pricilla (b. 1775)Ann was 1 of 10 kids of Ben & Pricilla. This file was given to my by a cousin and it was given to him. We can't vouch for the accuracy of it..but Ann was supposedly a sister to my Jesse (m. Minerva Burd) and Samuel (m. Mahala Richardson). The only other thing I have on Ann is that she was born in 1802. But the file says Jesse was also born in 1802...so either they were twins or one or the other was born a different year. (Maybe both were!)I have a group sheet on them..but it only lists their names. I have no children or no additional info. If you find out anything...please let me know. This is my line. I can probably help you with a lot of this. Just not Ann! HA!

~Carol

KESSINGER\\TAYLOR

Posted: 16 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KESSINGER, TAYLOR
I have a William Henry Alexander Kessinger married to a Millie L. Taylor in Hart. Millie was the daughter of Ben Taylor & Eliz. Tharp. Millie was b. abt. 1865. I've been in touch with a guy on Wm. Kessinger's line...but I've not had a chance to follow through yet with all of it. Wm. Kessinger I hear was an orphan. And I've been in touch with another man in Hart Co. who states his aunt raised Wm. Millie's sister was a Gillie ANN Taylor...but I know she never married a Kessinger. She married a Philpott. There was many Taylor families around the area.
~Carol

Re: KESSINGER\\TAYLOR

Posted: 14 Sep 2002 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Kessinger/Puckett
Reference your msg regarding William Henry Kessinger.
William Henry was my Paternal Grandfather.Ibellive he was married to Minnie Taylor,not Millie.William was indeed an orphan ,and was raised by either two widowed and/or unmarried sisters.
The family has been unable to identify Williams parents,or origin positively.Could it be that you are related to William?William's daughter Sophia was married to Virgil Puckett.and their children were Delmar,Dallas, Margie,and Dorthey.I would appreciate any information on Williams Parentage and/or origin
Sincerely Forrest G. Kessinger

Re: KESSINGER\\TAYLOR

Posted: 17 Sep 2002 5:17PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor\Kessinger
Forrest
 Saw your post: Tried to email you directly..and it bounced. So here is my reply. My email is: Carolyn690@aol.com.

Yes...have since got Minnie's name straight. Some censuses had Millie. It is Minnie Lee Taylor though. Over the last 3 years...I been dealing with an Anderson Childress in the Munfordville area over my Taylors. I am related to both the Taylors and Pucketts of that family.

Anyway...I'm going to give you some info...gotten from Anderson Childress and Roger Kessinger in Munfordville. Anderson isn't always right...but I've only found him wrong so far on one occasion on one of my Taylors. Was the Dallas you mentioned above a son? I don't have him. If you sure he was a son...I will put him in my database. Most of this..Roger sent me. Except for the part where Anderson said his aunts raised Wm.

At one point..I understood his name to be Wm. Henry Alexander Kessinger...but I can't prove the Alexander part.

Here is the info:

*Wm was an orphan raised by one of Anderson Childress' aunts.

*Several years of research has turned up no official record my Grandfathers birth, or death.  as yet but I believe that I have put together an accurate representation, although circumstantial I guess, of how his lineage evolved. This is reflected in the GEDCOM I sent you recently and is based on a large stack of related information plus information gleamed from conversations with many of the old folks here abouts who, by the way seem to be ducking out on us at an alarming rate lately.  Recent loss was Lottie Butler Kessinger, daughter of Henry H. Butler and Belle Wells and Wife of David Washington Kessinger. She was a great person with a fantastic memory and knew William Henry Kessinger as "Uncle Bill" and sometimes referred to "Warrior Bill". Lottie now rests in the Smith Cemetery. Incidentally, Lottie had a brother, Glen who married a Gertrude "Gertie" Taylor. Don't know the connection with all the other Taylors.

William Henry Kessinger was the son of William Silas Kessinger and Lydia Ann Fenwick. William Silas was the son of Solomon Kessinger and Elizabeth Logsdon. This Solomon, I refer to as Solomon II, was the son of the original Solomon Kessinger and Elizabeth Greenwalt of Hart County, Kentucky. I refer to this one as "Old Sol" since the name became very popular later on and makes for much confusion. I wont go back farther than this because there exists two versions of the family heritage and I try to avoid getting into the controversy. There is much more information on which I base the above conclusion and is too lengthy to include here.

William Henry Kessinger never had "Alexander" as part of his name as far as I know. I did once see a listing of a W. H. A. Kessinger in one of the census but the household did not fit with what I knew so I never persued it further. William Henry Kessinger was indeed raised in the Elizabeth Guinn household on property that I owned for many years before I knew of its connection with my Grandfather. Elizabeth Guinn who was born a Cottrell, first married an Anderson and subsequently married Moses Guinn, had 6 girls and widowed twice by age 46, I think. She apparently had much grit. Seperate but fasinating story in itself. (Roger Kessinger)

A good old boy that would and could sing well when asked, providing it was a religious song. Not a hard worker by any means and never seemed to prosper either. Seems he was well known in these parts as being gifted with the ability to cure and prevent "Thrush" in babies, by breathing into their mouth. This gift was supposedly given to a person that was born after their father was dead.
As the story goes, people from all around would bring their children to his house so that he could perform this cure, always free of charge. I kinda find this hard to believe but I have personally talked to several persons that swear that they know firsthand that this was  fact. (Roger Kessinger)
Wm's birth (December 13, 1860) and death dates (June 28, 1936) came from his tombstone. Him and Minnie are both buried in the Cub Run Baptist Church in Munfordville, Hart Co., KY.

Minnie was a half sister to my great grandfather...Pete Taylor. Pete was a son (1 of 5 kids) of Ben Taylor & Mary Rader. Mary died...Ben married Eliz. Tharp. They had an additional 6 kids...one was Minnie.

I have Ben Taylor's pension file and can tell you about him if you want. Eliz. died before him...Ben dying July 20, 1891. I believe both to be buried out on Ben's old farm. I also have photos of the farm. No tombstones exist...but there are suppose to be 50 - 60 people buried there.
Love
~Carol

Re: fam hist hart cty ky

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 2:35AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2011 2:47AM GMT
Surnames: KESSINGER
TO CHERLY MORRIS,
HI MY NAME IS BARBARA KESSINGER DENNISON.I DONT KNOW IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON REBECCA CLENDENEN AND JOHN JACOB KESSINGR OR NOT .BUT I HAVE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.JUST E-MAIL ME AT dennison_barbara@rocketmail.com THEY ARE MY GGGGGREAT GRAND PARENTS.

CHERLY MAKE SURE YOU PUT THE UNDER SCORE BETWEEN MY LAST AND FRIST.IT GOES BETWEEN dennison and barbara

THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY
BARBARA KESSINGR

Re: James Kessinger\\Ann Taylor

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 2:17AM GMT
This is my line too.
John Taylor
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions