Search for content in message boards

YOUNG family MONTVILLE - LIBERTY

YOUNG family MONTVILLE - LIBERTY

Ann Gorman (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2001 6:19PM GMT
Want to get and share info. about descendents of Solomon YOUNG and Mary ROBINSON from 1800's in Montville, ME.
Posted: 12 Jun 2001 5:01AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 1:22PM GMT
by any chance do you have a pauline young who married an ambrose saulmer (saulnier)???

Re: youngs

Ann Gorman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2001 2:38AM GMT
Sorry but I do not have anyone with that name on record. I;m sure I don't have every relative accounted for.

Re: YOUNG family MONTVILLE - LIBERTY

Posted: 20 Aug 2011 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Over ten years have passed since you posted above message. Hope you see this one.

I wonder if you know of a Gideon Young?
I think he came from St George or Wells ME

I have a lot of information on family and one connecting name was Watts, others were Fountain, Harrington, Henderson, Smalley, Woodcock, (by marriages)

I seem to recall the names Soloman, and Mary too, but I'm not near my notes at the moment.
Can you tell me who their children were, where and when born, and who they married?

Thank you
Barbara

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 4:34PM GMT
I have a Benjamin Young from St. George Maine and am having trouble locating his parentage. He ended up in Belfast-Searsport, Maine as a seacaptain there. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 7:19PM GMT
Hi Mary

I don't know Bejamin Young, but I think there could be a connection between him and the Gideon Young I mentioned in my message above. If you find that to be the case will you please let me know?

I think you responded to a message of mine quite awhile ago on genealogy.com. If memory serves it was in regards to the Watts family also from(some of them)St George ME. which is all the more reason I think there could be a connection.

Good Luck
Barbara N

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 1:30PM GMT
Do you know who Gideon's parents are? I suspect that Benjamin is the son of William and Mary Young.

Mary Ellen

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 3:02PM GMT
I am not sure of this, but Gideon's parents may have been James Young and Eunice?
Gideon's sibblings may have been James and William, but I have no information on any of them.

I do know that Gideon married Julia Ann Watts, daughter of George Watts and Mary Giles.
Gideon was born about 1827 died in 1867\
Julia was born Nov 2 1831, and died May 26 1867
I think both died at sea(I don't know how though)

If you find a connection between your William and Benjamin and any of the above please let me know. I have no information on the William I mentioned so its possible I guess he's Benjamins father????

Barbara

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 1:14PM GMT
Benjamin is older. He was born ca. 1770s and was married in 1793. Perhaps he is related but would have to work back.

Mary Ellen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic