Search for content in message boards

John and Lydia (Glover) Hillis, Pope Co., AR mid-1800s

John and Lydia (Glover) Hillis, Pope Co., AR mid-1800s

Posted: 5 Dec 2002 2:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2003 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Hillis, Lewis, Glover
Dear Mary,
My grandfather was Thomas Allen Hillis, son of John Joseph Hillis. John Joseph was son of William Washington and Nancy A. Lewis. I can trace this line back to John Hillis and Lydia Glover in Wilcox County, AL, early-mid 1800s.They seem to have had at least 5 children.They moved to Pope County, AR in the mid-1800s, located in communities including Appleton, Atkins, Russelville. I do have an Eagil Hillis b. 1890 listed in a family list I got from world connect at RootsWeb. Is this your Eagil Hillis?Do you see any connections at all? I hope so-I have really hit a brick wall with this line!
Thanks, Ellen

Thomas Jefferson Hillis, Pope Co., AR

Larry (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2003 5:38AM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2003 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Hillis
Ellen...My grandfather was Thomas Jefferson Hillis...from the John Kannon Hillis line.He too was from pope county.He was the father of 18 kids.Most of us still live here in eastern Ark.I had the complete line at one time,but after a crash on the computer, i lost everything and cannot remember which long lost cuz sent it too me....Larry

Re: John and Lydia (Glover) Hillis, Pope Co., AR mid-1800s

linbuc (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2004 10:43PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2004 7:08PM GMT
Surnames: hillis
Ellen, I think we are cousins. Lot's of Hillis' out there. John, I think, was born 1796 in Wilcox Co Ala died Pope Co Ar 1864. Married Lydia Glover. John my (GGGGrand) GGGrand was Wylie. GGrand was Eugene Lavert and Grand was Earl Thomas. Happy searching linbuc

Re: Thomas Jefferson Hillis, Pope Co., AR

linbuc (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2004 10:51PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2004 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: hillis
Hi cousin, if you ever find that list, I would love to have it linbuc

Posted: 24 Feb 2006 9:13PM GMT
Ellen, My father is Terry Hillis, Grandfather William Bryan Hillis who is the son of Grady Forest Hillis, who is the brother of Thomas Allen Hillis. I'd love to talk to you about the Thomas Allen line. If you're interested, please email me at neelloc13@yahoo.com

Ellen Tate (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2006 12:01AM GMT
Colleen,

Are you in New Boston? I will be visiting family in Texarkana around March 20th. Do you think we could get together and compare notes?

Ellen Hillis Tate

Posted: 5 Aug 2011 3:44AM GMT
Surnames: Hillis
I have an old studio photo of a young man that was in some letters that I acquired recently from a relative. On the back of the photo is written "Lyle Hillis, Rose Bud, Ark age 23 years".
I have no Hillis in my family but my mother was born in Rose Bud and the letters are from her family. If Lyle Hillis is part of your research I will be glad to send you the photo.
Ms Leschingski
per page

Find a board about a specific topic