Search for content in message boards

last census for charles jordan via and family,1880 chariton county,missouri

last census for charles jordan via and family,1880 chariton county,missouri

Posted: 5 Sep 2008 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Feb 2009 5:54AM GMT
Surnames: via
the last known census for charles jordan via and his family was 1880 chariton county,missouri

Re: last census for charles jordan via and family,1880 chariton county,missouri

Posted: 5 Sep 2008 11:26PM GMT
Charles Jordan Via was still alive in December, 1885 and was living in Sailbury, Chariton County, Missouri

Email me for details maupinreunion@ckt.net

Posted: 6 Sep 2008 8:26AM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2009 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: via
all i know is i went to the salisbury cemetery and they are not in it at all.i talked with robert storey via jr.on the phone he was told as a boy growing up that charles jordan via and mary elizabeth were killed in a train wreck somewhere in missouri.
although i have a theory of my own,i wonder if the via family had financial dealings with a mr.james cummins of henry county,missouri.i have been told and have it on good authority that james cummins was not a nice man.he was married to mary elizabeth,s mother.i found out that he had atleast six wives maybe more.i feel that mr.cummins was abusing mary elizabeth,s mother.he somehow had ahold of bennett j.page,s estate and sarah had him removed from the estate,i think he did something to sarah and possibly to mary elizabeth and to bennett j.page.i found out that mr.cummins was an outlaw in vernon county,missouri.he somehow wound up dead in hillsdale,kansas.i still have not found bennett or sarah or mary elizabeth,i find that very strange.they all disappear at about the same time frame.i think mary elizabeth and her parents fell victim to foul play at the hands of mr.cummins,that is my theory.i find a train wreck not to be a very good theory.

Posted: 6 Sep 2008 9:03PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2009 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: page, via
how do you know that he was still alive in 1885 as we say here in missouri "show me"can you document that he was still alive in 1885? always back up your sources! i have the marriage certificate for mary lee via that shows that charles jordan via was still living.in 1885 charles jordan would have been 46,mary elizabeth would have been 41.if you have information about mary elizabeth page via i would like to hear from you.

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 1:22AM GMT
Surnames: page,via
charles jordan via or whomever he was,was going by alias,s
charles g.via
charles j.via
charles j.rice
charles j.reice

i wonder if owed people money and he was using alias,s to run from them,i wonder now if he had anything to do with mary elizabeth,s death.i can,t find her anywhere.i,ve been to the salisbury city cemetery,and she is NOT there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions