Search for content in message boards

Willdridge family search

Willdridge family search

Posted: 11 Nov 2001 10:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am still searching for information on the Willdridge family, in Scotland and Ireland... Joseph Willdridge was b. in Ireland, abt. 1845, married Mary McDermott on 8 June 1868 at Port Glasgow...Mary and Joseph had several children: William b. 1873, Thomas b. 1875, Mary b 1876, Martha b. 1879, Francis b. 1880, Jenny b. 1883, James 1885, John R. b-date NA...In 1881 they lived at 11 Barrs Brae Foot, Port Glasgow...Mary McDermott Willdridge died Feb. 1917 possibly at the age of 65..Joseph's death not known.

Mary McDermott's brother Richard abt 22 yrs. lived with them at this address. Richard was a ship builder. Joseph was listed as a house painter..

Would like to connect with anyone who would have any info. on this family..The name of Willdridge is still active in Port Glasgow...

My ties with Scotland are very strong and I want to connect with any family still living there..My mother was born in Port Glasgow and came to the USA at the age of 19..I have alot of pictures of weddings taken place in Scotland and of Thomas Willdridge and my G-Grandparents.. That belonged to my Grandmother Jenny...

Darlene...

Re: Willdridge family search

John Willdridge (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2002 8:02PM GMT
Surnames: Willdridge
Hi! My name is John Willdridge. I live with my family in Liverpool England. My father is an orphan and we know little of his background other than his father left England after the death of his wife in approx 1924/5. We think he sailed to the U.S. and stayed there. His name was Robert Willdridge. I don't know if there is a connection with Scotland, we know that there are a few Willdridges in and around Belfast, Ireland but they do not seem to be connected to our branch! Hope to hear back from you

Cheers
John

Re: Willdridge family search

Posted: 14 Aug 2014 7:31PM GMT
Hi Darlene.

Joseph and Mary were my great great grandparents, There son William was my great grandfather, I know Joseph and Mary went to the USA with some of their children. My ancesters stayed in Port Glasgow, would love to see the old pictures you have.

Yvonne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions