Search for content in message boards

Duncan family of Lauderdale & Colbert County, Alabama

Duncan Family of Lauderdale Co...

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Duncan, Blake, Cunningham, Chambers, Frazier, Scott, Crittendon
What time period are we looking for? Did any come from Buckingham Co. VA?

Duncan family of Lauderdale & Colbert County, Alabama

Posted: 15 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2001 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: Duncan, Koonce, Sinclair, Roach, Cooper, Fowler
I am researching the DUNCAN families from Lauderdale and Colbert Counties in Alabama. I come from the line of JONATHAN DUNCAN & wife JANE "JINCY" JONES, GEORGE EUGENE DUNCAN & wife JANE YOUNG, JOHN J. DUNCAN & wife MARY JANE FOWLER, MARTHA F. DUNCAN & husband WILLIAM HALL KOONCE, ETHEL KOONCE and husband JOSEPH MILTON COOPER, JAMES MAXWELL COOPER & wife GLADYS LEE YOUNG.

Please write if you connect to any of these families.
Thank you.

Steve Cooper Cloverdale, Alabama
75 Cooper Drive
Florence, Alabama 35633 scooper75@mindspring.com

scooper75@yahoo.com

Jonathan Duncan

Stuart Duncan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Duncan
The antecedants of your Jonathan Duncan were documented in my history "John Duncan of Aberdeen and Duncan Creek, South Carolina." Jonathan, son of James, rated a chapter, with brief summaries on his children. There was more detail on his ancestors, however. There is not, unfortunately, a copy of the book in an Alabama library.

Duncan

Richard Warmington (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Duncan Ross Corsbie Corsby Clark
I am the Great Grandson of Mary Frances Duncan daughter of William H. Duncan granddaughter of Garner P. Duncan great Granddaughter of James Duncan.

Re: Duncan family of Lauderdale & Colbert County, Alabama

Jeffery Olson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2002 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Duncan
Does anyone have information about my ancestor Margaret "Peggy" Duncan, who moved with her husband, Archibald McDonald, from North Carolina (probably Moore County) to Green Hill, Lauderdale, Alabama about 1832. She would have been born around 1800.

Posted: 31 Jul 2009 4:10PM GMT
Hi Steve,

I would love to be in contact with you. I descend from Jonathan Duncan/Jane Jones, Moses Duncan/Sarah Tapley Clark, George Washington Duncan/Sarah Mariah Smith, Robert Alexander Duncan/Johnnie Frances Potts, Owen Duncan/Mamie Alsobrook, Christine Duncan/Joseph Ashley.

Please be in touch. I'd be happy to share what I have on my line. Thanks.
Mary

Posted: 31 Jul 2009 4:23PM GMT
Hi Mary,
I noticed your reply on rootsweb. I am descended from David Duncan, who is the brother of Jonathan Duncan who moved to Lauderdale Co AL from Laurens/Newberry Co SC. David had died when several members of the Duncan family moved in the early 1820's. His widow, Elizabeth, remarried John Robertson and they also moved with this group.
If you don't know, Jonathan and David are the sons of James Duncan and James is the son of John Duncan who was the first settler of Laurens Co SC, moving from Pennsylvania just before 1850. He originally was from the Aberdeenshire area of Scotland.
A cousin of mine took a Duncan DNA test and we match a man in Scotland.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 31 Jul 2009 6:46PM GMT
Hi,
I'd love to hear from you! I'd be happy to share what I have on my side of the Duncans. Please go ahead and email me.
Mary

Posted: 16 May 2011 6:07PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2011 6:10PM GMT
I'm a descendant of Margaret Duncan and Archibald McDonald. My paternal grandmother was Mayme Dickerson Smith (b.1884 in Elmo, Kaufman, Texas, and d. 1977 in Waco, McLennan, Texas), the daughter of Marcus Dickerson, of Georgia, and Susan "Missy" McDonald, a native of Mississippi. Susan was the daughter of William Thomas McDonald (b. 1824, Moore County, NC, and Mary Rhea Beavers. "Tom" McDonald was the son of Margaret Duncan (b. 1798 North Carolina; d. 1853, Killeen, Lauderdale, Alabama) and Archibald McDonald (b. 1801 Moore County, North Carolina, and who died in either Wills Point, Van Zandt Texas, or else Killeen, Lauderdale, Alabama. I don't know who Archie or Margaret's parents were, but I presume they were either first-generation North Carolineans or natives of Scotland.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions