Search for content in message boards

archibald polk

archibald polk

deborah polk (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: polk
seeking the father of Archibald Long Polk, born May 26, 1799 and was the son of Mary Long, daughter of Henry & Catherine Long. Catherine died and will probated 1824 and he was a witness to her will. He married Kizziah Morgan on Nov 9, 1824 in North Carolina and moved to Jasper County, Ga and died there @ age 100 in 1899. The dates were found in a family Bible and listed in Georgia Bible Records, but there was no mention of his parents. Had records of the Long and Morgan families.

Re: archibald polk

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 3:48PM GMT
Mary Long, d/o Henry Long and Catherine Pence married Archibald Polk and they had a son, Archibald Polk. I do not know the ancestry of Archibald Polk but if you will email me at <whitedc@attbi.com > I will give you the name of a resercher that may have that information.

Re: archibald polk

Posted: 5 Nov 2002 3:51PM GMT
Do you have a copy of the probate records of Catherine Long? I would very much appreciate your forwarding that to me. I have the ancestry of Henry Long and Catherine Pence and the settlement papers for Henry Long in Feb. 1805. Also the will of Catherine Long written March 29, 1820 but I do not have the probate records for Catherine.

I would very much appreciate your doing this for me as I am a direct descendant of Henry and Catherine Pence Long.
whitedc@attbi.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic