Search for content in message boards

Paynes of Habersham County, GA

Paynes of Habersham County, GA

Mark Payne (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 3:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on Payne family originating in Habersham County, GA.

To include:
Presly G. Payne - listed in U.S. Census 1880. Married to Eliza. Had 6 children: Roland D., Stuart B., Benjamin Franklin, John H., Laura C. and Pauline S.

Benjamin Franklin Payne (2nd oldest child to Presly) born in 1862 or 1864. Married Jane Harper 10/16/1881. Later married Paralie Morris 11/25/1894. Had 5 children.

Clifton Young Payne 7/12/1902 Habersham Co. GA. Married Lennie Elizabeth Smith.

Any info appreciated as I cannot find anything!

Re: Paynes of Habersham County, GA

Posted: 16 Apr 2002 6:34AM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Piltz, Triebald
Not sure if he is from GA, but there was a Bethune Payne that came into Rosita Colorado about 1870. I also have a Payne listed as the father for my Grandmother Lois Nettie Payne, but there is no mother listed on her birth certificate and only Payne listed as the father. She was born in the Wet Mountain Valley near Rosita Colorado in Custer County. She married in about 1884. See if any of that ties with what you have. I am sorry I am coming at you from another direction but I am also having a hard time finding information on the Paynes

wind_spirit (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: Payne
Don't know if this will help you any or not. There are a lot of Payne in Georgia, but while searching for mine I copied a few notes about this line in the hope I might tie them in later:
John Payne b England
John Payne b 1651 VA
William b 1685 Va
Thomas S Payne
Willliam Payne
John Payne Sr.
John Payne, Jr. (married Eleanor York)
Presley G. Payne b 1820 Georgia married Eliza Jenkins
Children were Noland, Stewart Barton, Benjamin F, John H, Lana, Paulina, Altha.

I also found part of this line listed under Paine.

Stewart Barton married Meeks (two names which matched my search - not correct unfortunately) and had children:
Allen, Bessie, Susan, Louvenia, Forte, Fairy and Francis

These people lived in Habersham through the 1920 census. Hope it is the line you need. Good luck!

Mark Payne (View posts)
Posted: 16 Apr 2002 9:55PM GMT
Presley G Payne is my Great, Great, Grandfather. I was looking for war records on him. I have some info already, but if you have anything pertaining to military service in the Confederate Army I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the info.

Posted: 17 Apr 2002 2:44PM GMT
Have a notation - you can check it out Georgia Infantry and I have Corp (Corporal) and naturally since it was Georgia he fought for the Confederacy. Bat 4.

sharon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2002 4:35PM GMT
i have a few things on the paynes they were my great grandparents

Mark Payne (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2002 9:29PM GMT
I am looking for Confederate Military Records on Presley G Payne born 1820 in Georgia. If you have any info I would appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic