Search for content in message boards

LASHUA'S/LABAR'S/LABARRE/LA BAR

LASHUA'S/LABAR'S/LABARRE/LA BAR

Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: LASHUA, LA BAR, LABARRE, LABAR
Is anyone tracing LASHUA'S, LA BAR/LABARRE/LABAR? Have Franklin Lashua who married Flavy/Flavia LaBar on 18 May 1854 at Potsdam, N.Y., St Lawrence County. Flavy was born 18 May 1836 at Ausable Forks, N.Y. Franklin was born 2 Feb 1836 son of Euphemia Lefebvre and Francis Lashua. Flavia and Franklin married at Potsdam, N.Y. on 18 May 1854. They moved to Iola, Wisconsin around 1880 when their youngest daughter, Viletta was around 2 years old. She was the youngest. Both are buried there. Brothers of Franklin were John, George, Anthony, Oscar, Wright, Jeremiah. Some went to Wisconsin. Anyone tracing these lines? I have some info on LASHUA'S but not LA BAR'S. Appreciate any help.

Lashua

Stuart Herrick (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lashua

Hi, Pat. I'm researching my Lashua family.They were mostly in Clinton County, the first being Stephen who came with his wife Esther or Estelle in 1840 from Canada. We have some of your names (John, George, etc.) who may have been cousins. If you'd like the details of what I have so far I'd be happy to share. I'm currently looking in St. Lawrence County in that I have a possible tie-in to a Grace Lashua born in Parishville in about 1881.
Do you have any information? It's very difficult, isn't it, with the scarcity of records and the translations from the French with dit names, etc.?
So far I can't get the family out of New York and back into Canada! Thanks for any assistance and I'll offer whatever might interest you in the Chazy area.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions