Search for content in message boards

LAWRENCE,FOX

LAWRENCE,FOX

Posted: 10 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Nov 2002 1:35PM GMT

I am searching for any information on Hattie Iceline Lawrence-dob-Dec. 20,1895 --died Jan 21,1988, buried in Nampa, Idaho>her Father>William Lawrence-dob-1874-- no other info on him,just that he was born in Iowa-->he married a Margaret Fox-dob-Sept 23,1872,Stiles,Davis,Iowa-Margaret died Sept 12,1946

and was buried in Nampa,Idaho.Her father was Nicholas Fox--dob--1833--died 1926 and also buried in Nampa,Idaho. He was 93yrs-2mo & 10 days old----I have pictures of all these headstones. Also a Linnel Lawrence who I believe tobe Hatties brother---dob June 1894---died June 1990--also burried in Nampa, Idaho. This seems to be a family plot. There is aW. Fern Lawrence--dob--Jan. 13,1899--died--May 8, 1918--the stone says Wife of H.A. Johnson. Margarte Fox also died with the last name of Johnson. If anyone has any information on any of these persons please contact me by e-mail at---JstPlnKAT@AOL.COM----thank you in advance for your time

Re: LAWRENCE,FOX

Dorothy Meierotto (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2002 3:24PM GMT
Don't know if this is a connection but Sadie Iceline Lawrence was born near Bloomfield, Davis County, Iowa on Nov. 3, 1876 to Andrew Jackson Lawrence and Sara Agnes Bennett, she moved to Bonaparte in Van Buren County with her mother, one brother and a twin sister when she was 17. On June 22, 1895 she married George Martin Kerr of Bonaparte. Maybe Andrew Jackson was a brother to your Hatti Iceline Lawrence. In her obituary of 1957 it states three brothers and three sisters preceded her in death and her twin sister was living in Benedict, Minn. her last name was Corrick, husbands name Ray.

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 3:34PM GMT
Sorry about that, what I meant to say was maybe William Lawrence dob 1874 and Sadie Iceline Lawrence Kerr dob 1876 were bother and sister.

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 4:02PM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2004 10:40AM GMT
Surnames: LAWRENCE/FOX/BENNETT
Doroth,

Yes, there is a connection, I am glad to hear. My Sadie Iceline is a child of Andrew Jackson LAWRENCE & Sarah Agnes BENNETT.

My Grand Mother was the daughter of one of Andrew & Agnes boys, William, although I can't seem to find them in any Census so far.He died in Arkansas(possibly) but where I don't know. He married Margaret FOX but Margaret who must have died, after thrie 3 children were born, but where? I can find no reference other info on him or Margaret.
My Grandmother was named for the twins, Sadie Iceline and and Hattie Musette. Hattie Iceline LAWRENCE
Do you happen to know anything about S. Agnes' parents?
Any information you can give me will be greatfully apprecaited.
Do you happen to have a copy of Sadie's Obit? I would love to read it. It's possible that S. Agnes went to live with her daughter and son-in-law ?
Please contact me at my e-amil addy:

JstPlnKAT@aol.com

I have a zillion questions for you and would like to share my files with you.
Thank you for your time.

God Bless

Kat

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 6:47PM GMT
Andrew Jackson Lawrence b. 7 Dec 1842 m. 30 Aug 1863 d. 30 May 1880, parents were Isaac Kronk Lawrence b. 31 Aug 1811 p. Beaver, Pa. m. 19 Sep 1833 p. Ripley, Ind. d. 7 Sep. 1890 p. Schuyler, Mo. wife Sara R. Williams b. about 1813 that is all I know about her. Isaac parents were John Adam Lawrence b. 4 Aug. 1787 m. 27 Aug. 1807 d. Aft. 1850 wife Mary Magdalene Kronk b. 1789 d. 18 Jun 1857. Sara Agnes Bennett b. 25 Jan. 1842 d. 24 Oct. 1912. Parents John Bennett and Hannah Luther. This information came from some Kerr family research done by Roger Diephuis of Keosauqua, Ia. Van Buren County.

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 7:07PM GMT
Sadie Iceline Lawrence Kerr-
Sadie Iceline Kerr, daughter of Andrew Jackson and Agnes Bennett Lawrence was born near Bloomfield, Iowa, Nov. 3. 1876 and passed away in her sleep at the home of her son, Ray John Kerr at Clawson, Mich.; on March 6, 1957. Her early life was spent near Bloomfield and she moved to Bonaparte with her mother, brother and twin sister at the age of 17 and had lived in or near Bonaparte since.
On June 22 1895, she was united in marriage to George Martin Kerr of Bonaparte. To this union were born ten children, nine of whom survive; Four sons, Cecil, Thomas, Ok.; Arlie, Loveland, Co.; Ray J., Clawson, Mich.; and William R. , Bonaparte. Five daughters; Mrs. Mazie Morton, Hamilton, Ind.; Mrs. Florabelle Cox, Keosauqua; Mrs. Gertrude Lockwood and Miss Helen Kerr, Belleville, Mich,; and Mrs. Faye Hainline of Bonaparte. She was preceded in death by her husband; a daughter Mildred who died at the age of 5 years, her parents, three brothers and three sisters. A twin sister, Mrs. Ray (Hattie) Corrick of Benedict, Minn., also survives her, along with 24 grandchildren and 26 great-grandchildren. Funeral services were held at the Bonaparte Baptist Church at 2 p.m., Saturday, March 9, in charge of Rev. Jerald Beltz, pastor. Burial was in Bonaparte cemetery beside her husband and daughter.

Posted: 7 Jun 2002 4:18AM GMT
Found Agnes Lawrence 50 in the 1900 census for Van Buren County, Iowa, Bonaparte Township. Living in the town of Bonaparte with her daughter Hattie 22, son in-law Roy Corrick 26 and two grandson's Lawrence 1 and Clarence a few months old.

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 11:40AM GMT
Edited: 9 Sep 2004 10:40AM GMT
Surnames: BENNETT/LAWRENCE
Dorothy,
Thank you so very much for looking that up for me. I had just started looking when I had to leave on a trip to PA., for my KEEFER Family Reunion. I got home late last night. Agnes died in 1912 but, I do have her listed in The Stiles Cemetery so, they must have brought her back and buried her next to Andrew J. Lawrence, who died in May of 1880.This will help me greatly. Now, if I could just find William who married my Margert Fox, my Grandmother Mother.
I will contact the CORRICK family as they might have more information on her. I was searching all over Davis, Co., which I know now is the reason I was unable to find her. You mentioned she went to Bonaparte appx 1895? With Sadie I. and Hattie M., but was there any mention of which brother went with them? There were 2, Daniel Webster and William.
THANK YOU AGAIN for your help. I you run across anything else please let me know.

God Bless

Kat
JstPlnKAT@aol.com

Posted: 10 Jun 2002 1:42PM GMT
No name for the brother was mentioned, if I find out anything I will let you know. Sincerely. Dorothy

Dick Corrick (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2002 2:56AM GMT
Katherine,
I have Hattie Musette Lawrence in my Corrick file. I show her parents as Andrew J. Lawrence and Sarah Agnes Bennett.
She was born on 3 Nov 1876 in Davis Co., IA and died on 23 Jul 1962 in Lakeport Twp., Hubbard Co., MN. She is buried in LaPorte Cemetery, LaPorte, Hubbard Co., MN. She married Roy Corrick on 28 Feb 1897 in Bloomfield, Davis Co., IA. They had four children: Louis Lawrence, Clarence, Calar Lucretia and Marshall Earl. Her siblings were Hannah, who married a Preston, Sadie, who married a Kerr and was an identical twin of Hattie's, Cass , who married a Holt, and two brothers, Dan and Will. That is my total info on her.
Dick
per page

Find a board about a specific topic