Do you have a link to Dudley's from the coast
George,George,James,Isham,James,Elmer
Thank you for any help on my stonewall.
Posted: 14 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2001 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: BAILEY, BYERS
Looking for parents and relatives of William Sidney Bailey
any information appreciated, had daughter Mattie Blanche born Feb 1870, bro Sidney, sister Sallie

Elizabeth Dudley Gibson

Posted: 8 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 9:49PM GMT
Surnames: Alphin, Chapman, Dettor, Morris, Suddarth, Sumter
Looking for an Elizabeth Dudley who married Tandy Gibson, in Albemarle County. Could she be related to your line of Dudleys? Had a daughter Frances born ca 1844 or so.

saint anne's parish

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2002 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: morse
i am very interested in SAINT ANNE'S PARISH around early 1800 thru 1890. was this a place the blacks or slaves lived at that time? if so maybe someone can help me, i have been looking for my g-grandmothers family--it was said by some family members she was born in covington, va. but by others harper ferry, w va.? what we do know is she live in charlottesville, va. from 1899 to her death in 1957 on 11th street nw. the maiden name morse or morris was showing up in this SAINT ANNE'S PARISH. she is listed in the 1920 census with her children her name was listed as eliza HARRIS her spouse was JAMES HARRIS, I NEED HELP IN THIS AREA OF VA.when she died it was a probate dividing the house between her children and his children by another wife, i need some look up information for that to see if she was married or just going by that name plus i need her place of birth and parent names.

Re: George Dudley

Lori Pendleton (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 1:15PM GMT
Surnames: dudley, carter
My gggggggrandfathers name is George Dudley Jr.
His daughter Susanna, born around 1800 married a Thomas Carter, who is my direct line.
Siblings of Susannas are Martha, John, Nathan, Mr, Dudley and James. No mothers name available.
Let me know what other info you might have

Re: saint anne's parish

Posted: 16 Apr 2002 1:41AM GMT
There were two St. Anne's Parish, one in Albermarle and one in Essex. The Essex, St. Anne's was established in 1692, the same year with neighboring parish of South Farnham.
St. Anne's parish, Albermarle County:
Albermarle County and St. Anne's parish, in the same, were separated from Goochland, they comprehended all that is now Buckingham, Fluvanna, Nelson, and Amherst, as well as Albermarle. In the year 1757, Tillotson parish was separated from St. Anne's parish, and, in the year 1761, the county of Buckingham was taken from Albermarle.

Re: Elizabeth Dudley Gibson

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 3:14AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2004 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson
Could you help me ? I need info. on a Tandy Gibson from Albemarle, VA. There are several listed and I'm not sure which thread to follow. I am looking for a Tandy Gibson that had a son James W Gibson on or about 1845. Thanks

Re: Elizabeth Dudley Gibson

Posted: 20 Aug 2004 12:50PM GMT
Hi Robert:
I'm sorry, but I'm not really researching GIBSON...HOWEVER, I can tell you that it would help you to look into the 1850 census for Albemarle Co., VA for one that might have a son John, a child of 5 or 6.
Elaine

Re: George Dudley

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 1:12AM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2009 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: dudley
My father did research on George Dudley of Albemarle County, Virginia. This Dudley was born in 1715, was listed in the 1733 census, and was an indentured servant from Hackney, England. His son was James Dudley (my ancestor) who served in the Revolutionary War and was blinded from a gun powder explosion. George's wife was Mary, and they had the following children: Judith, John, George Jr., William, Jeanne, James Sr., Mary, George Watson, Edward, and Sally Ann. George Dudley owned land south of Charlottesville, Virginia. He came to the colonies as a brick maker for the building of Thomas Jefferson's home. I'm not sure if this is your George Dudley, but I'm going to Charlottesville tomorrow to do more research.

Re: saint anne's parish

Posted: 12 Jan 2010 7:11AM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Mullato family members and I too have been refered to Anns parish.. Please if you find anything ref to slaves info if you search let me know alicialacyparker@hotmail.com I will be doing a DNA in about one week to resolve international connection soon.

Here are some basic post war facts on African-American Estes.
The 1867 personal property tax of Albemarle which is the first tax after the civil war that has where African american men are working/on what farm etc. has the following for Estes:
Burnley district: Northern half of Albemarle:
Albert Estes is at James M. Harris
Charles Estes is at Dexter House (probably working at Hotel in Charlottesville)
Winston Estes is at James M. Harris
Benjamin Estes is at "Mrs. Dabney's"

Fry district or southern Albemarle:
Harry Estes at William H. harris' (near Hart's south of town)
Harry Estes at "Dr. Johnson's at Scottsville"
Charles Estes at University of Va. at "Miss Ross".
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions