Search for content in message boards

Pohl Family from Prussia

Pohl Family from Prussia

Posted: 27 Feb 2007 7:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pohl, Banton, Flynn, McGivney, Sharples
I am looking for any connections to Ernst Otto Pohl born 1834 Kaliningrad, Prussia, Mother Emma born Danzig c1814 sister Margaret b1835 Prussia.
Otto a Salt Merchant came to England about 1861 married Jane Agnes Banton in Liverpool in 1864 and settled in this area. I look forward to hearing from anyone one who has a connection to this family.

Re: Pohl Family from Prussia

Posted: 3 Jan 2010 6:59PM GMT
I have a grand father named Otto Pohl, and his family came over from Prussia. It is obviously not the same Otto you are talking about, but perhaps a grandchild or something as they tend to carry names on. I need to get more information from the Prussia period. I just have US info. I know when they came in they were in PA for a while and then moved to IN. Do you have Prussia details?

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 1:41PM GMT
Hi Lovely to hear from you. the Pohl ancestors belong to my husband but I will tell all I know about Ernst Otto Pohl.
He was born in Koningsburg, (now Kaliningrad) Prussia, his Mother Emma was born in 1814 Danzig (now Gdansk) Prussia, as was his sister Margaret Elizabeth born <1836>.
Otto came to England in <1861> and married Jane Agnes Banton in Liverpool in 1864 and their children were, Samuel b ?, Marion b 1866 L'pool, Frederick b 1868 L'pool, Simon b 1869 Birkenhead, Moritz b 1869 B'head, Eva b 1870 B'head, Daniel b <1875> Over, Winsford, Cheshire, Felix Bernard b 1876 L'pool and Arabella Margarite (My husband's Grandmother) b 1880 In L'pool.
The only child we know of that crossed the Atlantic was Felix Bernard but where he ended up we don't know.
If your family should connect someway I will be delighted to hear from you, Regards Barbara

Posted: 7 Apr 2010 2:28AM GMT
Hello, It may only be a coincidence, but I have a grandfather named Carl Bernard Cristof Pohl. He had a brother named Ernst, who also came to the U. S. and a sister who was named either Margaret or Martha, who stayed
in Germany. This would have been the next generation from
what you wrote about, but I thought that it was interesting that the names were the same. But I think that they were
also from Prussia. I don't have much info on my grandfather
other that what I told you, but would like to follow up with you. Thanks, Kari Pohl Morgaine

Posted: 8 Apr 2010 8:28PM GMT
Hello Kari
I know nothing more of the Prussian history of the Pohl family other than what was in my original message.
The descendants of Otto Ernst remained here in England, my husband Michael (Flynn) being one of them.
Some of Otto's Pohl descendants lived in the Liverpool/Wallasey area of the UK.
Best Wishes Barbara

Posted: 10 Apr 2010 5:07PM GMT
Hi Barbara, I just made contact with a part of the Pohl
Line in Canada. She said that she has a about 40 pages of information on the Pohl line that was compiled by my Uncle
Carl Pohl who did extensive research on the Pohls. Much came from his relations who are all gone now, but were living during the time that he was compiling. So there should be a lot of new information available. I am anxiously waiting for arrival of the pages. If you are interested in any of the information, let me know any names
that you are looking for, and send me further information
how to get in touch with you. Hoping to find a treasure, on this treasure hunt we have embarked on. Kari km_starfire@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions