Search for content in message boards

Ancestors

Ancestors

Pat Hazen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Richardson, Wiley, Allen
We are searching for information on our ancestors from County Armagh, Ireland. The information we have is as follows: One Eliza Wiley married a (?) Richardson against strong objections from her family. The Richardsons eventually settled in the Glebe/Waterford area in New Brunswick, Canada, sometime between 1835 - 1860. Eliza may have had a sister named Anne. Names of other siblings are unknown. Her mother's surname was Allen. The Allens and/or Wileys owned a linen mill/company. When Eliza left Ireland she severed all relationships with her family. She refused to discuss, or answer any questions posed by her own children in Canada re her life and family in Ireland. We would very much appreciate hearing from anyone who may have information on these families. We will be pleased to share information on Canadian descendents.

Pat

Armagh

Arlyne (View posts)
Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Richardson

What part of Armagh were these relatives from or what part do you think they were from? Where was the linen mill? Let me know as I know some general areas you may want to search.

Re: Ancestors

Posted: 29 Nov 2007 2:26AM GMT
Would this be the families you are searching for?
The Allens married onto the Wylie family in 1864 at Kildarton Church of Ireland.William Allen (farmer) from Mullinasilla son of William Allen married Rachel Wylie of Mullinasilla daughter of Samuel Wylie farmer.Witnesses:Samuel Allen and William Wylie.
William Wylie batchelor brother of Rachel Wylie of Mullinasilla died in 1916 at the age of 92.
Samuel Allen registered his death and they were there in 1916.
Elizabeth Wylie sister of William Wylie married A Richardson and emigrated to America.

Posted: 9 May 2013 1:59PM GMT
Edited: 9 May 2013 2:01PM GMT
Surnames: Wylie/Richardson
Hello Pat
I have just noticed your message on Ancestty.com on Elizabeth Wylie from Kildarton Armagh and her husband William Richardson.I have been researching my Wylie family for 10 years but never could find out where Elizabeth went to after she got married.Her father Samuel was born in 1788 in Armagh he married Ann Jenkinson from Kilmore Armagh and they had four children.
William 1826
Rachel 1832 marreid William Allen 1864
Elizabeth 1829 married William Richardson
Margaret 1834 married John Boland 1860
Samuels father was born in 1752 Mullinasilla Armagh he
marreid Elizabeth in 1778 and they had five children.
Hope this will help you out.
Hilda from Ireland

Posted: 7 Nov 2014 12:24PM GMT
Hi Hilda,

I hope this gets to you. I am heartened by the fact that, compared to the other posts in this thread, yours is only 18 months old. I am a descendent of Elizabeth Wiley and William Richardson (they are my ggg-grandparents), and have some information on this line after they settled in New Brunswick, Canada. Your note on Ancestry.com provided new information on Eliza (I did not know where she cam from). Do you have any more information on the Wileys, Allens, or Richardsons in Armagh?

There seems to have been a prominent Richardson family in Richhill, but I don't know if there is a connection there to my William (if so, I wonder why Eliza's marriage to him was unacceptable to her family?). Any additional information would be much appreciated! And I can share the line of descent from Eliza and William to me.

Your cousin,
James Shields

per page

Find a board about a specific topic