Search for content in message boards

SMITH BOOKS

SMITH BOOKS

Posted: 24 Jul 2005 6:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Oct 2006 1:48AM GMT
Does anyone have or ever heard of a set of books about Smith's from Franklin Co, Va? The books are handwritten and talks about AA Smith's, white Smith's, and Native Americans.

Thanks.

Re: SMITH BOOKS

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 1:51PM GMT
Edited: 28 May 2006 7:22PM GMT
Where did you hear about these books?

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 12:17PM GMT
Would like to hear more about these also, Someone finds out definately let me know!

Thank You :-)

Posted: 27 Jul 2005 12:25PM GMT
http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?author=&title=Smith+Fa...

This is what bookfinder.com came up with for search on Smith Family in the books listed....

(Have found some great books through them for Gen. researching, works best when you have an actual title. Just ordered Stories of Guernsey County Ohio from one of the venders.

Janet Pinkham (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2005 4:17PM GMT
I have a book on Smith's - Its called Ancestors and Descendants of Smiths by Linda G. Cheek (1987). It deals primarly with Smiths wills and family lines from Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.

If someone needs a lookup and can provide a specific name and date timeframe and location if known, I will do lookups for you.

Janet Pinkham

TONI SMITH (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2005 10:13PM GMT
Familymember

TONI SMITH (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2005 10:19PM GMT
Does your book talk about Smith's in Franklin Co, Va? My books were a set of 10 handwritten books that had been passed down through the generations. An outsider borrowed the books and never returned them.

E.L. Smith Jr (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2005 2:21AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, O'Grady, Kelley, Husband, Clement, Maxwell, Robnett,
Were can I find this book? I have a big Smith family. I am looking for George Smith b. 1804 was in Dubiln County, N.C. in 1850 He may have been born in GA. Thanks

Posted: 29 Jul 2005 3:12AM GMT
Edited: 5 Aug 2005 9:50PM GMT
I was wondering if you could look up Andrew J. Smith, born Apr 1823 in Kentucky according to 1900 census. The census also says his father was born in VA and mother in NC, although I dont have names for either. I wish I had a location but unfortunately I dont have that info yet. I do know he had a son , Thomas Andrew Smith born Jun 17, 1870 in Boone County, Arkansas. Any help greatly appreciated.

Janet Pinkham (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2005 2:27PM GMT
I found the book on Ebay. I believe the book was published by the Southern Historical Press, Inc., in Easley, SC. You could try contacting their library or a local genealogical society to see if the book is still in print.

Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions